Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Chriso12 Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:09 pm
Hey all,

I recently purchased an MPC 1000 that arrived today but the problem I have with it is that the mode button won’t stop flashing and keeps activating itself even when it is not selected/ pressed.

For example when I am on the main section and I am pressing the pads. Instead of pad 6 playing what’s on pad 6 it will instead go to trim even though I did not even press the mode button.

Can anyone help me with this ?????
By Menco Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:19 pm
Try using some contact spray. If that doesn’t help you might have to replace the tact switch or the pcb board.

I am not that technical, so I might be wrong here, but to eliminate the chance it’s a software glitch a good ol’ reset may also be worth a try.
By NearTao Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:47 pm
Yeah, if you're comfortable taking the top off, turn the power off, spray some Deoxit onto the mode button... push repeatedly for 15-30 seconds... let it dry for a few minutes. Then plug it back in and see if it might behave a bit better.

Deoxit is not a long term fix, but it can help break down oxidation that has occurred so you're not stuck replacing tact switches immediately or having to replace the entire board.

Good luck, and feel free to ask more questions if you need some help.