Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By chiaro.oscuro Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:18 pm
Hey all!

I'm curious if anyone has any ideas for dead pads. I know I can buy new ones, but I was wondering if anyone knows a diy method for fixing them.

I tried regluing the little conductive squares back in place (youtube instructional), but I think the glue ran a bit and messed things up even more (more dead pads).

Now I've scraped the conductive squares off again and think I will try something else.

I saw another vid where the guy says to put a square of copper adhesive tape on the back of the actual rubber button. So I'm considering this. From what I understand, without the little black conductive square, and with the copper tape, this would make velocity at 100% all the time. I'm definitely okay with this.

Any advice, experience?

Thanks!
By Menco Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:18 pm
dryad-66 wrote:At some point you will want the pads to work properly as they are not only velocity sensitive but pressure sensitive.Might as well splurge on a new set now.Saying that,I hate splurging......

Plus all other fixes are only temporary solutions. It’s a great investment after all. It will either raise it’s resell value or be a worthy investment in the MPC’s longevity.