Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By entrenchment Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:13 pm
Hi i need a midi 88 or atleast for the whole mpc 1000 key range when in instrument mode it needs to have the old pin kind of midi plugs so please no new usb kind and im on a budget ... Any suggestions
By Menco Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:14 am
88’s never come cheap. Keyboards who still come with the 5pin midi out are usually the more expensive ones. Maybe try to look for a second hands MPK88. Unless you play full piano pieces in your MPC 1000 it might also be worth it to look for a second hands 49keys keyboard. M-audio, Alesis, Akai, Korg, plenty of music brands had them in their catalogue before they all started to put out mostly USB keyboards only.
By Elpimpo Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:37 pm
MAudio key station 88 mk3, $229 new, has a single midi out and usb
By 6/8 Stanley Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:51 pm
Play one in music store if possible. Read reviews if that's not possible. Keyboard action varies from great to horrible.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:49 pm
6/8 Stanley wrote:Play one in music store if possible. Read reviews if that's not possible. Keyboard action varies from great to horrible.

This is very true.

In the budget arena most keybeds are all going to about the same. If they're looking for synth actions keyboards pretty much anything will do. Quick, Light, and Cheap. :lol: However if they're interested in a piano feel then that's another story. The M Audio is about as low of price as there is.
By Elpimpo Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:29 am
entrenchment wrote:Im thinking on buying this..

Should solve my problem
PIANOROLL

SHOULD WORK
IM NOT SURE?...

It WILL work, but those keys are, um,.....

I think you will replace them within a few months.

Get keys bro, not rubber

If 61 keys is doable, try this....$119 New...and has transport buttons so you can play/start, record, overdub etc without moving back to the MPC or DAW, or you can sign the 14 buttons and 2 wheels to do whatever you want

61 Key Controller

If that's too rich for you, Same company makes this... $79 New with 4 buttons and two wheels

49 key controller

I totally get the desire for 88 keys, one them (especially weighted keys), and I COMPLETELY understand being on a budget. But hem rubber keys.....

"its only expensive if you hav etc buy it more than once"
By CharlesRandolph Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:50 am
I'm not in the market for a midi keyboard, but the fold up one does make me think for a second. I may pick up one just to have it. :nod:

Elpimpo wrote:
It WILL work, but those keys are, um,.....

I think you will replace them within a few months.

Get keys bro, not rubber

If 61 keys is doable, try this....$119 New...and has transport buttons so you can play/start, record, overdub etc without moving back to the MPC or DAW, or you can sign the 14 buttons and 2 wheels to do whatever you want

61 Key Controller

If that's too rich for you, Same company makes this... $79 New with 4 buttons and two wheels

49 key controller

I totally get the desire for 88 keys, one them (especially weighted keys), and I COMPLETELY understand being on a budget. But hem rubber keys.....

"its only expensive if you hav etc buy it more than once"
By Sense-A Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:02 pm
For a large 88 key keyboard I would search local ads first. And used sections in any local guitar center or pawn shops or music stores that sell used gear.

Be open minded. You can get any older synth, sampler, workstation, piano keyboard that has midi in and out.

Shipping for a large 88key keyboard will be expensive. This makes shopping locally beneficial.