Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By entrenchment Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:57 am
If i put sample nd want to play it like a instrument piano do i need a tuner becouse my tuner never agrees with whith what im playing..
By Elpimpo Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:59 am
You tuner (assuming a key/pitch tuner like a guitar one) is listening for key, it won't be wrong, if its off, its the mapping.

1. If you mean a multi sampled instrument, they are normally mapped, meaning C1 is mapped to C1 on the keys F# is mapped to F# on the keys etc. If its slightly off you can tune it in the MPC by using the program edit menu until it gets in range, rare though as this 'mapping' and 'tuning is 50% of the multisampling game is getting the key right.

1.b. if you made the sampled instrument yourself, make sure to map it carefully and tune each sample to match the key.

2. If you are talking about a music sample (melody, solo, riff, vocals etc) then you need a good ear to match the sounds up tp the keyboard If that's what you want, mostly, just chop and play wherever they make more sense to you.
By entrenchment Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:47 am
Ye im on track now seems to be the keyboard is missing cuz i aint got one im doing it in theory just the pads
..he he!

:hmmm:

Haha im pretending to have a keyboard.

He he :lol:
By entrenchment Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:53 am
Nah butvser serious im usibg all key range on pads
For 1: bass

2: melodies

3 chords n sxxit

Just on pads

But need external sound without keyboard for sound chords
Like a unison pack