Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By paosciante Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:34 pm
Hi, I have had my MPC1000 for many years now. I recently decided to change the tact switches as some starting to be unresponsive. While doing so, I by mistake unsolder resistor R302, but I easily fixed it.

The problem is when I put the MPC back together again, all the buttons where doing different things. So for example, my Play, Stop, Rec buttons don't do that anymore but open different menus. Every single button is now doing something different.

I am trying to reinstall Akai OS (I am using JJ OS, but I am ok with loosing it before loosing the machine), but as I cannot hit REC button to install a different OS, I am stuck.

I have tried reseting (erase during power up), but same thing happens as my Erase button is not longer dong that function.

Do you know what could have happened? Thanks in advance, any info will be appreciated!
By paosciante Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:54 pm
Yeah, I actually bought a new one from amazon. But its still doing the same.

Did you managed to repair yours? By "reseating the cable" you mean just making sure everything is properly connected? Or I need to do something more?

I bought a pack with 15 of those FFC ribbon cables, so I am totally ok with loosing a bunch trying different stuff
By mk_doogs Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:26 pm
For me, it was a case of the ribbon cable not being connected correctly, I was getting wierd stuff like the A button activating start, F2 activating 16 levels. The cable was loose, once it was properly connected that seemed to solve the problem for me. Like i said, it could be something else, I am by no means an expert. Sorry I cannot offer any other suggestions.