Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By undsoweiter Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:29 pm
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdZFr5Wbo8w[/youtube]

Turned on my mpc for the first time in a while and it's started doing this at startup.
Either that or just a blank green screen.
I've tried reseating cables etc.
I'm guessing something's fried.
Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks
By Sense-A Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:27 pm
Remove face cover.

Disconnect pads and PCB's.

Try powering up with portions of machine disconnected. Try to isolate the problem to a particular pcb board. Kind of how we troubleshoot PC's. We try booting with JUST the motherboard, then connect a hard drive, then connect peripherals.

Try a hard reset. Reinstall operating system.

Anyone here remember how to boot into test mode?
By undsoweiter Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:51 pm
Thanks.
Yeah i'll give it a shot, i took it apart and disconnected and reconnected most things and couldnt get beyond either a blank green screen or this, can't get far enough to reinstall software or boot in different modes.
I wasnt very systematic though, had been drinking coffee and was just tearing shit apart....
will give it another go.

Sense-A wrote:Remove face cover.

Disconnect pads and PCB's.

Try powering up with portions of machine disconnected. Try to isolate the problem to a particular pcb board. Kind of how we troubleshoot PC's. We try booting with JUST the motherboard, then connect a hard drive, then connect peripherals.

Try a hard reset. Reinstall operating system.

Anyone here remember how to boot into test mode?