Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By SamShannon Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:12 am
Hello everyone!

I've been recording with my MPC 1000 for almost 11 years now. I've recently noticed as of late last year that the audio from the MPC sounds better going into my laptop than it does when I playback after it's been recorded. I'm not sure if this is a problem of the MPC, but maybe the issue is with my laptop?

I use audacity to record and the laptop is an Inspiron 5555 and an Alessis Mix 8 Fx USB mixer. The music sounds great through the mixer when I hear it through my headphones, but when I record it and play it back, it sounds so flat and stale. I am not sure what I should be considering right now. I felt like it wasn't always this way. When playback older tracks from a few years ago, it sounds fresh and crisp.

What do you guys think is going on?

Thanks for reading.
By Sense-A Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:02 pm
Well, you've confirmed that it isn't the MPC causing the problem.

And we know it isn't your mixer since it sounds good out of your mixer.

So I'd suspect your audio interface (analog to digital converters) or the conversion coming back out of your laptop (digital to analog).

A few years ago you were likely using different equipment.
By SamShannon Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:11 am
Thanks!

I actually switched my whole set up. I'm using a macbook pro, and a budy of mine let me have his M-Audio Profire 2626. The M-Audio is great because this one actually sounds the way it comes in.
By 6/8 Stanley Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:18 am
Never had one but checked out the forums for your previous mixer bout 2 years ago. I was looking for a mixer. Lot of people had trouble with the USB interface on those mixers and other brand USB mixers. Most were driver problems with win10 or the win10 sound settings. They make hardware so I guess they struggle with software. When your old mixer sounded good maybe you were monitoring analog from the mixer.
By DokBrown Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:12 am
I highly doubt the MPC is the prob, most likely your audio chain or listening room/environment.

I try to get my beats to “bang out the box”
Mixing & mastering is NOT my shift, so I have little to no advice.
In terms of recording/audio chain, find what works for your sound & try not to change it. Different interfaces/mixers can def change things.