Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Tim S Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:37 pm
Hello,

I've been failing to sync my MPC1000 with Logic Pro X.
My goal is to record multiple tracks (5-8 minutes in lenght, not loops) of a hardware live jam and have them aligned in the Logic grid, so that I can add some more tracks in Logic. First i've tried to do it really simple. Set my MPC to 120 BPM, record it into Logic and drag the first transient of the stems into the grid. Unfortunately it didn't work out - the timing of the MPC wasn't tight, it ran out of sync after about 15-20 Bars. THE MPCs 120 BPM ARE NOT THE SAME AS LOGIC PROs 120 BPM :Sigh: . Then I tried to sync the MPC as a slave (Midi Clock). The result was similar, I couldn't sync them up properly.

SUM UP: I'm looking either for a tip on how to sync Logic with the MPC via MTC or MMC or a tip on how to align the recorded tracks with the grid in Logic.

I would be really thankful if anyone could help me with this issue. It would improve my workflow so much.

Thanks in advance :worthy:
By bt2001bt Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:55 pm
Check out this thread:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip ... -test.html

Seems to be a common issue between DAWS and hardware.

I’ve had the issue with a yamaha mx49, boss dr880, mpc1000, and Reaper. It seems to be the nature of the beast -> all bpm’s are not created equal and things seem to drift...

I chop things that i use from external instruments - pretty much drum machines and such - up into shorter bars in the DAW and do most of my recording in the DAW. Not sure that works for you where you are trying to preserve a live jam.

It would seem if you want to preserve the flow and timing of the original jam and work in logic, you ignore the grid. Slicing it up to match the grid would most likely kill the vibe i would think.

Probably some ideas in the thread above; i have not looked at it in a while