Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Nolika Thu May 20, 2021 11:34 am
Hello :)

I want to sample my keyboard into the mpc 1000 but also to play keyboard's parts when the sequences are playing.

I would like not to have to constantly unplug the record in and plug my keyboard back to my mixing table (so I can hear what I'm playing). It would increase my workflow, as sometimes I find parts I then want to sample.

Is there a way to hear the record in sound while not in record mode because it would make it so much simpler for me.

Thank you and sorry for the bad english
By saltmcgault Thu May 20, 2021 1:52 pm
Nolika wrote:Hello :)

I want to sample my keyboard into the mpc 1000 but also to play keyboard's parts when the sequences are playing.

I would like not to have to constantly unplug the record in and plug my keyboard back to my mixing table (so I can hear what I'm playing). It would increase my workflow, as sometimes I find parts I then want to sample.

Is there a way to hear the record in sound while not in record mode because it would make it so much simpler for me.

I would suggest a multi channel mixer. I had a Numark M6 USB 4-Channel DJ Mixer and i liked it. Plug in your turntable 1 and/or turntable 2 , keyboard , and the cord you use to record from your phone.. etc etc into it and connect master outs into the mpc. Point being no more disconnecting turntable and connecting keyboard into the mpc.

This mixer goes for +$200. I searched the used option on Amazon and found one that was being sold by the Amazon warehouse. It was brand new which is a hit or miss with buying from the amazon warehouse and i got it for $55 cheaper. That's a good route to go if you're trying to save some coin. If it looks sus like its been **** with or used all to ****... you can always return it.
By Nolika Mon May 24, 2021 8:51 am
saltmcgault wrote:
Nolika wrote:Hello :)

I would suggest a multi channel mixer. I had a Numark M6 USB 4-Channel DJ Mixer and i liked it. Plug in your turntable 1 and/or turntable 2 , keyboard , and the cord you use to record from your phone.. etc etc into it and connect master outs into the mpc. Point being no more disconnecting turntable and connecting keyboard into the mpc.

This mixer goes for +$200. I searched the used option on Amazon and found one that was being sold by the Amazon warehouse. It was brand new which is a hit or miss with buying from the amazon warehouse and i got it for $55 cheaper. That's a good route to go if you're trying to save some coin. If it looks sus like its been **** with or used all to ****... you can always return it.

Thank you I will look it up! :-D