Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Esteven01 Fri May 21, 2021 4:01 am
Hi there, I recently purchased an mpc 1000 and I’m having some problems and hope someone can help me out. Problem 1) When I go to sequence a pattern, then try to add drums, the previous track that I’m trying to play with cuts out everytime I hit a pad. I went to my sample settings, and made sure the overlap was set to poly, but the problem still occurs. 2) whenever I try to save a project, I go to save as usual, and hit entire memory, and the mpc will start saving samples and such, then it freezes, and I lose the beat forever, so I can’t really turn it off without losing all of my progress. 3) I already have jjos 3.16 on my mpc, but I tried to download the free version of jjos2xl. When I rebooted my mpc and had it run a file check, the error popped up that said something along the lines of “wrong file type”. I’m hoping these are simple issues to fix, but if not, I’d love some suggestions of any companies that might be able to repair any problems. Thanks for any help you can offer
By NearTao Fri May 21, 2021 10:20 am
1) sounds like a polyphony issue… you have 32 note mono or 16 note stereo polyphony… if it is this you probably need to trim or resample… but without examples it is super hard to know.

2) sounds like a cf issue. What type and size card do you have? Where did you format it?

3) Nothing you described makes me think you have an MPC issue. Probably CF card, and maybe a memory problem.