Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By proofofghosts Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:48 am
I picked up a nice 1k, 128mb ram, I updated to jjos3 v 2.41 - and I've been finding it struggles and stutters at times - you know, the tempo hiccups and caches up, clearly the cpu is struggling. Now, I am not hitting the 32 voice limit, and the ram isn't even close to being filled with sample time or overly complex sequences.

I noticed that it seems 2 things drive this problem - long suspended notes like strings or pads, and if I have the thru going through filters and fx.

Is this normal? Or did I buy a dud?

I've tried searching Google, but either the issue is rare or my searches weren't worded properly...

Thanks!
By proofofghosts Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:26 pm
NearTao wrote:How do you know you are not hitting the 32 voice limit? Long running samples will consume a lot of polyphony if you stack a lot of them. Also, if the samples are in stereo then you will use 2 notes of polyphony.

Well, I can see the polyphonic meter, for one, also I only use mono samples. These aren't long running samples, just short drum samples, and shirt looped inst samples