Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By FrontaleBotsing Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:56 pm
I recently bought my first MPC1000. So far I've spend alot of time figuring out how everything works and I'm having a blast! Untill a few days ago...

I was working on a beat for a few hours and tried to save it. I went to the 'Save' menu and scrolled down to the folder I save my beats in. When I was scrolling through all my different folders I noticed the text of these folders changed with each click of the data wheel. The text changed to weird letters and symbols, as if they got corrupted. So I pressed "main" and tried to enter the save menu again. This time all the data on my Harddrive (its actually an microSD inside an adapter that fits the HDD slot) was gone....
After that the harddrive couldn't be formated from within the MPC (it said something like "format is invalid"), only with my PC.

It looks like the same problem of this threat: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=165259&p=1563641&hilit=corrupted#p1563641.
But when I boot up my MPC it says something like "128MB RAM", so i'm sure it's not faulty.

I was running JJOS1 v5 so I thought maybe it's because it's an OS from around 2013. I got frustrated and purchased JJOS2XL, hoping it would fix the issue. But sadly it wasn't...

My first guess was the microsd adapter. But the first time this happend I didn't have my adapter so that can't be the factor.

The last factor I should mention is that the first time I encountered this problem my CF card (2GB) was full when I tried to save a beat. If I remember correctly that day or the day after that I encountered this issue for the first time.

Hope anybody can help, because it happend 3 times now and I lost alot of beats/programs/samples.
I jsut don't know that to do next.

Cheers