Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By undsoweiter Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:52 pm
So for a while I've been having an issue where my MPC won't boot and i just get a blank screen or at best some flashing pixels, clearly not booting as the lights for the buttons don't come on.
After taking it apart and messing around with it for a while I've discovered I can get it to boot up shorting out some of the components on the back of the LCD screen. The screen itself though still doesnt work, it's either blank or has garbage on it.
My question is do you think this sounds like an issue with the LCD display and controller and replacing it would fix the issue. Or could this be getting caused somewhere else?
thnx
By Asbruma Fri May 13, 2022 3:20 pm
Any update on this? Having similar issue. Sometimes it starts up blank screen, others starts up fine but after a little use screen freezes.
By Sense-A Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:39 pm
My guess is that it is either the LCD (pins shorting out as you say or scratch on circuit board)

Other reasonable suspect might be the RAM module.

Seeing that you can usually get old MPC 1000 LCD screens (some replace theirs with custom ones) I would just buy one as backup and switch it out. Keep extra mpc 1000 parts in the box.

You could attempt to unseat the ribbon cable and then reinsert it. Make sure that it is grounded. Check for any solder joints that might be spilling over or cracked. Make sure wires are not getting pinched by the cover or chafing against metal edges.