Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Oommen Thomas Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:10 pm
I bought it from e-bay. Was not aware of the password. Tried to program and save something but always asking for the password. Tried to contact the seller to get it and failed.
Now I need an advice to get rid of this password problem or pls let me know how to reset it. If I delete everything to default setting and install a new software will it help ? If so how to do it ....?? Help pls... :
By MPC-Tutor Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:24 pm
Your MPC currently has a 'demo' version of one of the 'premium' JJOS (e.g. JJOS2XL, JJOS3...). To remove this password request screen you either have to purchase a JJOS license, or just load the 'free' JJOS firmware into your unit - this will overwrite the demo version.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/
By NearTao Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:27 pm
Honestly, the JJOS update is worth spending the money for, but if you're new to MPCs and just getting started the free JJOS version will definitely be worth it.

If you don't either buy the license or downgrade to the free version (or... I guess install the latest Akai OS, but the free JJOS is *way* better), then you won't be able to save your projects, which is a real hassle to getting anything done.