Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By littlejackal Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:59 pm
Hi friends,

I just picked up an MPC1000 to "downgrade" from my MPC One. So far I'm super pleased with the experience, however USB1 and compact flash leaves a little to be desired in the "move stuff around" department. I'm replacing my internal spinning drive for reliability's sake, but I'd love to know if there's any way to get samples onto the internal drive without using the USB connector or having to pull the internals to connect them to a computer via an adapter.

So far I don't see a way to select a folder on the "Memory" CF card and just say "copy this to the hard drive" without loading samples into memory and then saving them individually.

I'm prepared to say that's just life with a 2005-era device, spend an hour dropping via USB or pulling the internal drive every time I want to load a large sample pack, and move on with my life. Just posting here in case I'm wrong and there's some feature or button combination I missed.

Running licensed OS2XL if it makes any difference.

Thanks!!