Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By joeyfivecents Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:57 am
I’m about to buy another mpc 1000 with jjos2xl and I can’t remember if it will do this. On the mpc live 2, I could chop to the pads while I was recording the sample into the mpc. Can jjos2xl do this?
By nhrly Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:44 pm
Two (I guess three) questions for you, Metaphor.

1. Are OS2XL projects compatible with OS3 at all? If not, is switching between them a pain at load screen?

2. I bought my 1K used with 2XL on it -- does that mean OS3 will work on it or would I need to enter a password?

I'm definitely looking to take advantage lazy chop and I'm trying to resist moving to the Live.

By jaasi Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:01 am
nhrly wrote:Two (I guess three) questions for you, Metaphor.

1. Are OS2XL projects compatible with OS3 at all? If not, is switching between them a pain at load screen?

2. I bought my 1K used with 2XL on it -- does that mean OS3 will work on it or would I need to enter a password?

I'm definitely looking to take advantage lazy chop and I'm trying to resist moving to the Live.

I don't know about you first question, but I know that you do not need to purchase OS3 separately. The 2XL password will work for OS3 too. I also think it's a good plan to stick to the 1000. The live is overwhelming with all it's features and the touchscreen sssucks!
By HanHuman Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:05 am
nhrly wrote:Two (I guess three) questions for you, Metaphor.

Hey

1. Not really, you get weird pitch bugs in programs, notes sometimes disapear and all kinds of stuff like that. So can't switch back and forth between the two using same projects unfortunately no.

2. But yeah you can switch between the two OS, OS3 only needs a OS2XL password. Once you got it OS3 is just an alternative experimental OS option that comes with the 2XL licence.

I say experimental because it has no midi edit screen, so a little weak on the midi side of things. Plus it lacks the looper from 2XL which is pretty handy if you record yourself playing instruments etc. Other than that if you're only dealing with samples on drum tracks I'd say OS3 is the way to go.