Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By RustyLugs Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:47 am
Hello I'm a music producer who is trying to run the MPC Maid .jar program to help organize my .wav files.

The issue I'm running into is the MPC Maid .jar program requires my Mac to run a JDK. I went onto the Oracle site and downloaded a x64 DMG for my 2012 MacBook. The JDK installed correctly but my .jar program is still telling me I still need to install a JDK. I have been scouring forums to find any info for help but am hitting a wall. Is there anyone who can steer me in the right direction?
By Sense-A Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:57 pm
I don't have a Mac. But in Windows, if you right click a file icon and go to properties you can open files as compatible with earlier versions of windows or in a compatible windows environment. Does Mac have a feature that masks itself as an earlier version when opening files that were designed for earlier versions of the OS?

Another option...instead of installing a bunch of stuff on your PC, can you open a virtual machine and virtual environment and maybe even have it running as an old version of Mac and install it on the virtual machine? That way you don't have to litter your normal OS with oracle packages. This guy explains it for newbies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX75Z-4MEoM

That way you can keep old programs running in virtual environments with different OS systems on one PC.

The only PC program I got to work with MPC 1000 (on Windows XP, Windows 7) was BlueBox

Bluebox loads my JJOS2xl programs and samples. I haven't tried modifying them and reloading them back into the MPC 1000.

I appreciate the free program but it is very limited and outdated. It needs an update. I want to hear samples, but there's just a really small and inconvenient play button text to the Sample Name. I can't figure out if it has shortcut keys. It's easier and faster to just work on the MPC 1000 JJOS2XL system itself instead of annoyingly move mouse around clicking.

Even building programs would be faster to just dump samples into one directory on to CF card and build the program within MPC 1000.