Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By kwwundo Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:20 am
is there a way to make the track/ pad mute cut off the sample playing on that track? like say i want to mute the sample but when i unmute i don’t have to wait for it to be triggered again. thanks
By BassMcleod Sun May 22, 2022 3:12 pm
Technically no, the MPC muting works by cutting any sustained notes and preventing new ones from triggering - it doesn't actually mute the sound in the same way a DAW does.

When you unmute, a sample won't start up in the middle.

Depending on what you're trying to achieve, you could use the mixer function and Q sliders to quickly turn the volume down. If you're trying to arrange a dropout in a recorded sequence, you could extract a copy of your sample, set the start point to where you want it to start back up and then record that into the sequence (original sample; mute pad; new sample). This would have the effect of making it sound like the sample dropped out and then came back in as if you muted the volume.
By Sense-A Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:32 pm
If you have an extra pad not being used, you can assign it to the same mute group as the sample you want to cut off, and then hit that pad and it will mute whatever is playing.

But it sounds like you just want to cut in and out of the track without having to retrigger it. I'd accomplish this by outputting that sample/track to an individual out and then using an external mixer with a mute button.

You could use a spare guitar pedal, and use it as a mute / bypass for the audio signal.