Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Gentleman Bastard Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:04 am
So I posted a few days ago about my MPC 1000 score. I was able to open it up and address the immediate issues
1) data knob was faulty - discovered it was the metal one and they just tried to solder like it was normal, so jumped the wires and got that sorted.
2) #1 allowed me to fix #2 - Fixing the screen contrast.
3) was stuck in bootlock or whatever its called - got that sorted by reseating the ram

Now I have encountered a couple new issues.
1) when I close everything up, and well now when its open. The screen has lines scrolling down like a refresh. I was able to make it stop a couple of times.
2) on the under side where you access the ram, the big white connector seems to be lifted up higher than the little cover would allow. This partially seems to be the problem for the screen issue from. However When I undo it all and reseat the screen cable its still there. I will replace the screen sooner than later, but want to determine if its another issue that will happen on the new one as well.

I tried to upload photos, but didn't get it to work