Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By DrPuke Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:48 pm
Hey guys !

Ive been looking for this answer for a while in this forum but havent gotten lucky.

So I just bought a mixer so I get more hands on with the mpc1000 while playing and add more effects per track via aux sends in the individual outputs.

I know that i cannot apply effects to the 4 individual outs because effects only apply to stereo channels, so i was wondering if i could use the stereo out an internal fx return that i connect into a stereo channel in the mixer?

This way I get to use the internal FX and have a an mpx fx return in the mixer. As well as the mixer aux sends and return for the external effects.

Is this possible or am i trippin ?

Thanks for reading !

Pedro
By Emilie Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:27 pm
Technically yes. You need to have the sound through option on and send the stereo in to the FX and then out the main stereo. Take individual sounds out of the MPC into your mixer and connect the send output to the inlet of the MPC. I hope it makes sense, i'm a bit baked right now
By Sense-A Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:24 pm
In MPC 1000 JJOS2xl you get up to two FX. Mode Effect and you can designate each one. You can then go to F5 GoToMix and assign FX1 or FX2 to each pad, or pads of your choice. You could have the same sample on three different pads. Dry, FX1, FX2

You can also assign FX1, FX2, or both to each track. Go to Mode then pad 4 to bring up the track mixer. Near the top there is FX and you can assign FX1 or FX2 or none.

You can run FX1 into FX2 in Effect Mode.

Also, in Program Mode you can assign FX to each pad. FX1 or FX2 and how much of the signal you want to SEND.