Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By stanleybrown Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:46 pm
Hi! I recently did a firmware update (and installed new pads) to a Akai MPC-1000 and I cannot get it to work as expected. I have reverted back to the original firmware & pads until I can figure this out, but I am desperately in need of help before I can proceed!

As a disclaimer, I did this for a user who is a basic user. He's owned the MPC since the early 2000's, and I have no previous experience with the MPC.

The issue I'm having is that I am unable to get the device to playback samples by pressing the pads. Using the F keys, I can record a sample, and play it by pressing and holding. Then I assign it to a pad by pressing the pad. But I get subsequently get no sample audio pressing the pad.

I feel that I am missing something obvious, but have no clue. I have tried reading the manual and watching you tube videos but to no avail. Am I missing a setup setting or what?? Please, please someone help! I am tortured!