Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Scherer Tue May 30, 2023 7:08 pm
Hi guys,

having a problem here with my MPC 1000 and UAD Apollo 8 Interface.

Routing any output of the Apollo to the MPC via S/PDIF works flawlessly. I can easily sample anything from the Apollo into the MPC.

When routing the MPC to the Apollo via S/DPIF (with the same cable) nothing happens. I tried changing the sample rate (although the Apollo has an automatic SR conversion), tried changing master/slave settings... nothing helped. There's no sound from the MPC going into the Apollo.

Does anyone have experiences to share?
By Scherer Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:47 am
Got the MPC Digi Out working!

The final solution involves a 10€-tool to convert a Coax signal to an Optical signal: I’m using a Midiman CO2. Strangely, I just put the MPC Digital Out into the CO2 Coax input and its Coax output into my audiointerface. So in theory the CO2 doesn’t do anything, except forwarding the incoming signal. But obviously it adds some kind of magic (repair) to the MPC Digital signal.

And the best of all: I can also use the Digital Input and Output at the same time – which doesn’t seem to correspond to the regular S/PDIF rules, but hey! Furthermore there’s no special settings necessary on the interface side; no clock settings, the sample rate doesn’t matter etc.

Only one flaw: you cannot change the gain. The Digital Out sends at a fixed volume – which can clip easily if you use the MPC's master EQ and compressor.

If you want a similar solution: you can grab the Midiman CO2 for less than 10 bucks. And it’s all working with standard cinch/RCA cables, no pro stuff involved.