Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By whateverusayxd Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:12 am
I recently got my hdm-10 hard drive slot and installed it on my MPC 1000 BK, I bought the Hitachi HTS541080G9AT00, which was proven compatible in another forum posts. The problem is, as I returned to OS 3.16 and tried to format the disk, it didn't appear on the load screen. I suspect that it's an OS problem as solved many problems through reinstalling OS 3.16, so I reinstalled the OS. This time the hard disk did appear on the load screen, so I formatted it. As I switched to OS 2xl again, the disk did appear, but i cannot create folders or save anything into it. I rebooted the MPC, and the disk just wouldn't appear. I then tried reinstalling it again, but it still did not work. I also tried returning to akai os 2.13, but the os home screen just wouldn't show. Did anyone have similar problems trying to make their hard disk work? What should I do to make the hard disk function?