Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Sidney Fisher Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:27 pm
As of a few days ago, all of my sequences and internal sounds (WAVs) are badly distorting both through the amplifier and the head fones. I havn't dropped the instrument and this is the second one I have owned in ten years, and have never experienced this before.

The first day it happened, it corrected itself after a couple seconds and the sound was clear and normal. Now it is distorting loudly.

After doing some reading, it looks like this might be a hardware issue with the 'ribbons'? (or maybe pre-amps?) idk! This def feels to me like a hardware issue but fyi, I am using JJ OS3.

Everything else loads fine and buttons are working and the midi sequences which are synched to external synths are triggering perfectly.

I am expected to play live soon, so any help would be super greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you :)
Sid
By Jamie Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:02 pm
Hillariousdislaxic wrote:Have you fixed the issue?

All my outs are very quiet but the unit had been sitting for 4 years…

Have you checked your Master Level setting on the 'Other' screen, pal?
By Sense-A Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:21 pm
I guess it is a hardware problem.

If it is INTERMITTENT then it could be a cable or loose connection or bad solder joint

Sorry you are going through this. Sounds terribly frustrating. If you are determined then you can problem solve it. Or you sell it as parts/repair and let it be someone else's problem to fix.