Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By FX56 Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:53 am
Hi MPC 1000 fam

So since i got my MPC1000 the pads are reaaaaaaal tough to react , apparently that's the 1000's original pads reputation right? I consider to upgrade the pads from a longtime, have you done it yourself and is it really worth it as not only i would have to pay for the pads , shipping to france, but also to pay someone to replace them for me. So i'd like to ask what is to consider before buying these pads :

. Pads not reacting great, check
. Could it be the Pad Sensors instead of the pads themselves ? In my understanding everything is to be found on that pad kit https://www.mpcstuff.com/akai-mpc-1000- ... x-upgrade/
. Are the thick ones real worth it ?

Does it really change and improve the pad reactivity, make me want to make the move or not to , thanks a lot ! Peace, François
By Menco Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:13 pm
FX56 wrote:Hi MPC 1000 fam

So since i got my MPC1000 the pads are reaaaaaaal tough to react , apparently that's the 1000's original pads reputation right? I consider to upgrade the pads from a longtime, have you done it yourself and is it really worth it as not only i would have to pay for the pads , shipping to france, but also to pay someone to replace them for me. So i'd like to ask what is to consider before buying these pads :

. Pads not reacting great, check
. Could it be the Pad Sensors instead of the pads themselves ? In my understanding everything is to be found on that pad kit https://www.mpcstuff.com/akai-mpc-1000- ... x-upgrade/
. Are the thick ones real worth it ?

Does it really change and improve the pad reactivity, make me want to make the move or not to , thanks a lot ! Peace, François

Get the upgrade, nothing to loose here. They are very easy to install. Wether the fat pads or worth it or not depends on personal preference. Think majority of the people love the fat pads over the regular ones, I personally don't really care too much for them.