Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By JRck Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:20 pm
Recently ordered this machine to go alongside my SP404-MK2. Its kinda my taster before I go all in on a more expensive older model like the 2000xl or the 2500. I know that I can upgrade the RAM up to 256mb, but what other upgrades are available and are they worth it? The one I bought comes with JJOS so that's already a box ticked. Would appreciate any other upgrades :worthy:
By richie Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:32 am
JRck wrote:Recently ordered this machine to go alongside my SP404-MK2. Its kinda my taster before I go all in on a more expensive older model like the 2000xl or the 2500. I know that I can upgrade the RAM up to 256mb, but what other upgrades are available and are they worth it? The one I bought comes with JJOS so that's already a box ticked. Would appreciate any other upgrades :worthy:

I have a pro tip for you, google "akai mpc 1000 upgrades"
By Menco Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:52 am
The pad sensors if they haven’t been upgraded yet.
By Lampdog Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:24 am
richie wrote:I have a pro tip for you, google "akai mpc 1000 upgrades"

No one wants to Google and break an e-sweat, get outta here with that sensible logic. Easier to have others do the work and report back.
By richie Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:07 pm
Lampdog wrote:
No one wants to Google and break an e-sweat, get outta here with that sensible logic. Easier to have others do the work and report back.

The Black MPC 1000 is better for Bass but the Blue MPC 1000 is better for drums.