Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Flex Blur Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:34 pm
I have bought my MPC 1000 one year ago with a certain Dane-Elec 2GB CompactFlash card, works really fine, except that I've had corrupted projects for some reason. Don't know if it's from the Akai OS or anything... but the card is loading fast and smooth.
I just wanted to level that up so I've bought a 16GB one. Turns out it was laggy as hell and freezing my MPC, so I've bought a 8GB CF: does the same thing. I'm really pissed right now.
- SanDisk Ultra 16GB UDMA 7 50Mb/s (SDCFHS-016G-G46)
- Transcend 8 GB CompactFlash (CF) UDMA 4 133x (TS8GCF133)
Both cards above don't work.

What should I do? Can the original poster list all the ones that work and those that don't work?
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:02 pm
One of the problems with the original Akai OS, there is a well known bug in the OS itself that can actually cause file system corruption and directory errors corruption when loading/saving, which is something to do with the way it formats your card/drive. The solution is to install the free JJOS and reformat your card in JJOS (this is one of the bugs JJOS fixes).

I pretty sure that the MPC1000 manual says that the maximum capacity CF card that can be used is 2gb with the Akai OS. I've got a 32gb Kingston CF card that I'm currently using on both my 1000 and 2500 with JJOS.

Not had a single issue with it since I purchased it. I don't thing the OP is active on here anymore so it's going to be a hard job to get him to make an updated list. Maybe you would like to give it a go? Well it was your suggestion :wink:
By strych9 Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:13 pm
Just a heads-up. I bought a 16GB SanDisk Ultra 16GB Compact Flash Memory Card - 50MB/s on Amazon the other day and have to return it. It's super slow in my MPC 1000, and refuses to connect via USB (to Windows) at all. The 2GB Sandisk Ultra II card that came with it works just fine. I'm using JJOS 3.16 (free) for the record.
By CHVSTAKI Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:04 pm
Anyone recommend this? There is not to many reviews on it.

https://www.amazon.com/256MB-Memory-Upg ... s=mpc+1000
By CHVSTAKI Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:31 am
THIS WORKED FOR ME!
Total cost was about $18 bucks that was with shipping as well, arrived in 5 days!

https://www.oempcworld.com/mm5/merchant ... 256M-SO133
By horisonten Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Not had a single issue with it since I purchased it. I don't thing the OP is active on here anymore so it's going to be a hard job to get him to make an updated list. Maybe you would like to give it a go? Well it was your suggestion :wink:

Can confirm that the 16 GB version of this card works perfectly in my MPC 500!
By horisonten Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:53 am
horisonten wrote:Image

Can confirm that the 16 GB version of this card works perfectly in my MPC 500!

Edit: Not sure if the CF got corrupted (it was not new when I got it). But after two weeks of use without any problems it started acting out, and suddenly seemed to stop working. Can not open it using a card reader and it is impossible to format the card. So not sure if this works with the MPC 500 after all. Like I said, it worked smoothly 2 weeks... :WTF:
By zaraxisof Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:30 am
MPC 2500, jjOS free. I am using a 2GB SanDisk CF Ultra II for years and hadn't realised (obviously didnt needed to :p) that my MP reads only 1GB till yesterday. Do anyone know why this happens? It may be that i had bought it many years ago and probably didnt know that i had to format it on MP strictly first?
By Arch Fri May 18, 2018 11:13 pm
Can any UK users recommend me a card. Was looking for scan disk ultra 2s but they seem to be out of production. Cant get Kingston cards either. Am I going to be stuck with buying secondhand card? Wondering if I might need to start thinking of a hard disk.