Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By nightvoyager Fri May 13, 2005 3:38 pm
BS Remark?.....hey, I like Techno, I have since '91....back in college I made Techno tracks, that's what I meant.....I just don't get into techno as much as I used to......Jezus :lol:

I've been listening to house since '88, and Techno since the early 90's. I'm part of the first generation raver's, I was spawned on Techno..I'd never knock that style.....just not what I'm into anymore....damn..

B 8)

By splinter Fri May 13, 2005 3:48 pm
OK just thought it was one of those flavour of the month thangs..
Easy peeps, i too have been a dance fanatic since late 80's, 2nd summer of love n all that, ie when there actually was a scene worth being into.. Back then there were no pigeon holes for styles, and just grates a bit when peeps claim that a style has passed its shelf life, try telling that to Juan Atkins!

By nightvoyager Fri May 13, 2005 3:50 pm
...your right about hip-hop being better back then....I agree!....

..also, I am part of the first generation of raver's here in the US; nothing can touch, or could've touched the rave scene in England though.... :wink:

B 8)

By splinter Fri May 13, 2005 3:58 pm
Yeah was crazy days, transformed the last big youth culture in UK, football hooliganism too luckily enough, you had guys who had been into beating the sh!t out of each other on terraces suddenly hugging each other in fields pilled off there nut!!! IMO died about 96 in UK though, and funnily enough Techno remains one of the very few true underground scenes in the UK today..ACIEEEED :)

By james.athes Fri May 13, 2005 4:44 pm
the dance scene in uk has changed an ivolved alot an think its kinda goin full circle now as the superclubs continue to **** up with cheese nights the smaller nights are comin back.

change is not nesseccarily a bad thing might not be same as it used to be but still plenty of good stuff happening.

i make proggy stuff but dont really stick to an exact style, the last mix cd i did was a mixture of breaks house tech house prog trance too many ppl doin the same thing espec in trance scene variety is spice of life.

By carl_taylor Fri May 13, 2005 4:50 pm
yeah theres pockets of activity all round the UK.. from a comercial point of view things arnt what they where, but there plenty of talent about for sure...

By professionalmisconduct Fri May 13, 2005 6:23 pm
Your right about pockets ........trust the underground scene is more bangin than its ever been...

By swishaman Fri May 13, 2005 6:29 pm
Tylox wrote:I make techno(usually non-4 on the floor), dnb, breaks, and hip hop on my mpc.
co-sign

By pad-ophiliac Fri May 13, 2005 6:40 pm
i used to own and electribe ESX-1 but i traded it in for my 1k. the ESX is an awesome and having owned them both i would say go for the ESX if you want to make techno. it costs $500 compared to $800 and it also has timestretch/slice, a feature that a majority of this community would like to see in the future. the realtime filter sweeps, pitch, attack/decay is much more catered to the techno producer.

By acidsid Sat May 14, 2005 1:36 am
trust the underground scene is more bangin than its ever been...

dunno mate...in what respect...

rehashing of old ideas? unless youve been going to some wild parties that I couldnt possibly imagine my most recent memories of the Glasgow scene (I have just moved back to Lndn after 6 years) was a lot of old ravers moaning about the state of the scene.
That and 17 yr olds on 50mg of mdba thinking it was the best ever. and for them it was. hairy muff.

but the u/g scene aint great. one thing i love about london is the pirate radio. cant beleive ANYONE in a town. city doesnt make that a priority.

At the end of the day were all in the same boat. I'd **** rave if someone put a good one on. Cant be arsed myself I'm too old.

BIG SHOUT TO THE YOUNG TEAM; GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

Ive just passed the buck to the young team. Goodnight.

And yes I make techno

By CedricMeister Sat May 14, 2005 3:17 am
Ya jake fairley (Kompakt Recoeds) does techno. He uses a 1k in his life setup. Techno dead??? I dont think so at all look at all the shit thats happening in Germany right now, Cologne, Berlin those cities are banging like never before.

By carl_taylor Sat May 14, 2005 1:53 pm
the good thing with Techno, is it is truly world wide music, so if it aint happening in one country its happening in another... I think youve got to be careful because its easy to think something is 'dead' just because its not doing well localy (or at least in your country) to you

By stephencann Sun May 15, 2005 6:57 am
Splinter I'm wiv ya!

Progressive Trance. What in the name of grud is that??? You can't dance to that!!!!!!!

By james.athes Sun May 15, 2005 6:00 pm
stephencann wrote:Splinter I'm wiv ya!

Progressive Trance. What in the name of grud is that??? You can't dance to that!!!!!!!

just because u cant dance to prog trance doesnt mean its not possible more a reflection on ur dancing abilities