Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By joanaugusts Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:46 am
Has anyone had problems formatting the hard drive provided by AKAI on the original operating system? I got my hard drive in the mail today and formatting it didn't work, so now I connected the USB cable and started formatting through the laptop. Is this going to work? Experiences/advice welcome.
By Mohammed Wed May 12, 2010 7:19 pm
I recently bought a blue mpc1000 without any features.
Now i want to install a new harddisc, so can i install a harddisc without the jjos (just the latest akai os).
By Pastor-of-Muppets Fri May 14, 2010 1:20 pm
if the question is can you use a hard disk with the akai OS then yes, of course you can.

read your friggin manual - do you think the official akai manual would talk about an internal hard disk if it didn't work with the akai os?
By Mohammed Thu May 20, 2010 5:27 pm
Pastor-of-Muppets wrote:do you think the official akai manual would talk about an internal hard disk if it didn't work with the akai os?

Yes, because they would cannablize their own market by promoting other brands harddiscs.
By youknow Sat May 22, 2010 5:34 pm

so I pulled this out of a hp pavilion dv5000 laptop and I can't find jack shit on it via Google.

It's 120GB, made by FUJITSU

anyone have a clue whether this can be read by the 1000?
By josephnicks Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:02 am
i formatted my 160GB HDD with JJOS1 and its showed about 132GB. i installed the akai OS available at akaipro.com and formatted and its showed 149GB available.. after transferring what felt like thousands upon thousands of drum hits and other various sounds.. i realize that i might never come close to filling up this 160GB HDD.. maybe a 40gb HDD would have worked just fine if i could have found one for a few bucks.. oh well