Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By sparq Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:09 pm
swishaman wrote:out of curiosity what would you need that for nym?
you would use this to back up your entire drive at once. doing it through the mpc, it would take forever to backup 40gb, let alone backing up 100gb. the only set back is you would have to disconnect your hard drive from the mpc each time you back up the entire drive. of course you wouldn't do that everytime.
Last edited by sparq on Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By swishaman Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:18 pm
well shyt I mite as well order that 2....Thanx for the help

By pad-ophiliac Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:22 pm
sparq wrote:
swishaman wrote:out of curiosity what would you need that for nym?
you would use this to back up your entire drive at once. doing it through the mpc, it would take forever to backup 40gb, let alone backing up 100gb. the only set back is you would have to disconnect it from the mpc each time you back up the entire drive. of course you wouldn't do that everytime.

still don't know what it does?

By sparq Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:28 pm
pad-ophiliac wrote:still don't know what it does?
oh, it's a case to put your hard drive in to connect to your computer via USB as an external hard drive. you would transfer your files back and forth like you do with the mpc only much faster. but like i said, everytime you do that, you would have to take the drive out of the mpc and hook it up to this case to connect to the computer and then put it back in the mpc.

By ONE Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:36 pm
Can this be stickied as well?

By sparq Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:37 pm
ONE wrote:Can this be stickied as well?
i already asked Tutor. just waiting for a response

By swishaman Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:05 pm
sparq wrote:
ONE wrote:Can this be stickied as well?
i already asked Tutor. just waiting for a response
yes sticky!
By Rico_Suave Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:20 pm
Isn't 40 to 120GB too da*n much for a hard drive to put on a sample?, can someone please shed me some light about that

thanks in advance
By sparq Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:30 pm
Rico_Suave wrote:Isn't 40 to 120GB too da*n much for a hard drive to put on a sample?, can someone please shed me some light about that

thanks in advance
HUH???

i think you got the whole concept of this hard drive all wrong. the hard drive is to store your samples and seqs and pgms on instead of you CF card. you would be able to use both. they way that i will use it is keep EVERYTHING on the hard drive and only use the CF card if i go to someone else's setup then i will transfer what i need from the hard drive to the CF card and bounce.

By Antonym Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:48 pm
if i read that fellow correctly, he's asking why one would need so much damn space on a hd.

i ordered a 40 gig cuz i thought anythimg ore owuld be overkill...i may very well turn out to be wrong but that would be WAAAAAAAAY in the future. i just don't know how many samples i'd have to have to fill 40 gb, let alone 100

nym

By sparq Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:51 pm
well the reason why i got the 100gb is because now i don't have to use the computer to store and i can run through vinyl like crazy sampling everything then go back later to edit the samples. i can just sit with a stack of records and just go to town. and save all of that on the hard drive.

By Antonym Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:56 pm
that's what i figured.

i actually still plan to record into my pc and using the card to get samples onto my mpc before sampling, mainly because of my mixer configuration and because i think it's easier

however i will probably no longer be using recycle, unless the sample is to be used eventually in rex or if i'm making a drumkit to bluebox and up on my sample page.

By solah Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:56 pm
sparq wrote:well the reason why i got the 100gb is because now i don't have to use the computer to store and i can run through vinyl like crazy sampling everything then go back later to edit the samples. i can just sit with a stack of records and just go to town. and save all of that on the hard drive.

same here, i already got like a stack of vinyl with songs i completly loaded up to the hardrive. so when i am on the road just listen to a song and make a beat.

By grinchmob Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:01 am
I've been really busy with work and stuff......So does the hard drive work without the new OS?