Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By pobeats Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:25 pm
Anyone know if you can use a USB ZIP drive with the MPC1000, since it has a USB connection? And if so, does it matter if data on ZIPs were saved with a USB or SCSI connected ZIP drive in order for it to work with the MPC1000?

By McSmooth Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:48 pm
I highly doubt ZIP drive will be supported. The main purpose of the USB port is a smat media card reader connection to a computer (as many digital cameras and other devices use).

Also, I heard people say WAV isnt supported, but it mentions it right in the compatability list. I didn't think they even made sampelrs that don't support WAV files anymore as it is the standard.

I had also hear people say that file naming isn't possible. I HIGHLY doubt this as this is pretty easy to implement, and how would you distinguish different files. Also, if you check a bigger version of the picture, there are clearly letters to the left of each trigger:
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2003/MPC1000-lg.jpg

I've always wanted a second MPC so that I can use them as turntables to mix together, but never wanted to drop money on 2 of the same thing, so I'll prob def get this as it seems to be up to par and even better than the 2000. Real time filters, built in FX, 4 out plus digital standard, large storage capacity... It costs a couple hundred to get a 2000 to have half those features and it still wont have some of them.
By dsmooth812 Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:39 pm
ok i understand that there is a mpc 1000 coming out soon. i now own a mpc 2000xl. i look at the compatibility for the mpc 1k and 2kxl. i see that they both can load program files and wave files. my question is will the mpc 1000 be able to load my sequences from the 2000xl. can someone let me know plz. thanx

By McSmooth Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:03 pm
I would assume that sequence (midi) files should be very close if not identical since they are basically just midi files with midi data. May be newer features on the new one that don't show up the same on the old one, but who knows until we can test this out.

One thing I did notice is that programs from the 2000 will only load up the samples and assign them to pads. It looks like all other parameters are ignored which would leave a lot of extra work... filter, envelopes, tune, mixer, fx I'm guessing would all not transfer over. Most likely because of the new features on the new mpc, they had to redo the file format a little.

By groove104 Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:28 pm
Lampdog wrote:Very attractive looking. Maybe perfect for my little brother just getting into beats and whatnot..

I don't think this unit is meant to be used as a toy. It's supposed to be a portable but yet powerful sampler/workstation that pretty much has the features of the mpc2kxl but needs the use of a pc or mac to accomplish all of these features. And for the price, you can't beat it. It's still a helluva lot better than any beat machine on the market regardless of price.

By opaz Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:03 pm
ImageImage
By dj_2xL Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:06 pm
.......word......

Wow

By breakbeat mechanic Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:39 pm
This machine is pretty sexy! I think my mpc should hook up with the 1000.

I think they would make a nice kid. I would name it.... Mini mpc!

By vladvir231 Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:04 am
wheres the usb port