Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By oceanstatekillah Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:45 pm
i am telling heads , this ain't no game . grimey shizzit happens.. its a dirty game

By keepintouch2004 Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:24 pm
"AKAI NEEDS TO GET BACK WITH ROGER LINN "

MPC3000 was never finished either.[/quote]

WHAT YOU MEAN THE 3000 WAS NEVER FINISHED, IT HAS ALL THE ADVERTISED FEATURES, UNLIKE THE 4000

By mpc3000 Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:34 pm
"WHAT YOU MEAN THE 3000 WAS NEVER FINISHED"

Try again without the all caps and I will answer. Yelling will not get you anywhere.

By Prah_860_ Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:27 am
mpc3000 wrote:Try again without the all caps and I will answer. Yelling will not get you anywhere.

:o :o :o :o :o :o

By keepintouch2004 Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:55 am
i had no intentions to yell, i sometimes write in caps if my message is short, but i DONT care if you dont like it, having said that, say what you gotta say or dont say anything at all! cuz i'm not dying to know what features are not there! its not gonna make my life any different!

By Prah_860_ Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:13 am
keepintouch2004 wrote:i had no intentions to yell, i sometimes write in caps if my message is short, but i DONT care if you dont like it, having said that, say what you gotta say or dont say anything at all! cuz i'm not dying to know what features are not there! its not gonna make my life any different!

true... cuz at my job i am in caps all day and i am yelling at no one when i send out emails...but they might be in caps......if i happen to post here(which i don't think will happen for cookies purpose) while at work it might be in caps....i will not be thinking "turn off the caps...ppl might get offended"........

By Dr.Foo Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:00 pm
mpc3000 wrote:"and since when did the physical size of a zip disk "

Who said anything about the size being an issue? The problem is that Iomega makes the worst consumer media storage in the world. Sysquest drives never had the click of death, were more reliable, and have faster transfer rates. Iomega had the killer marketing team, but coupled with a horrible product....

"AKAI NEEDS TO GET BACK WITH ROGER LINN "

MPC3000 was never finished either.

I have never (knock on wood) had trouble with zip's, yeah, zip had iomega and a most proper marketing team on it, remember when Apple started shipping zips standard on the mac? and it was supposed to be "the new floppies" and they were gonna phase out floppies for zips? ok, didnt happen, but that period where EVERY apple owner around 92/93 got a zip drive, well that was the end of all the competition for Iomega.

Akai should get back with roger linn, BUT they should also get with pete rock and the alchemist. The Vestax model of "get the best scratch dj's to design our line of mixers" should come on over to hip-hop production, and hire dudes liek El-P, Pete Rock and PRimo to help design new MPC's, that would be nice. Vestax held down the scratch mixer market from like 96-2000 with that plan (until they dropped the samurai mixers and they bombed) dont get me wrong, I aint saying zip is the BEST medium to work with, shoot Ima bout to move to a scsi harddrive for storage now.

By DOVESKI Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:03 pm
Im gonna try one out.

By pieuvre Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:17 pm
i have read a Rza interview where he says that he's designing an mpc like machine .well i have the magazine in france(i'll be there next week ) , i'll tell you exactly what he says ( i don't think it's a joke , he talks about all the money it costs in R&D ) .Anyways it would be cool ( maybe with a kung fu pad on it !!)

By elmacaco Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:54 am
wasn't that the mp-7?

Bytrampbaby Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:34 am
pieuvre wrote:Around 1000 $ 8)

who cares about the "lil brother"??? if all the "kids" are getting neglected...where the hell is the new OS weve been promised, argggg akai, you are killin me!!!

By Prah_860_ Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:23 am
elmacaco wrote:wasn't that the mp-7?

i thought so too!

By EntouRAJ Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:50 pm
aight so now that they have the audio demos up....anyone know anything more about the sounds that come with this thing? like how many and what types and ish like that?