Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Mustardseed Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:53 pm
QuaA wrote:
Mustardseed wrote:
K9- wrote:does the MPC1000 BK have the weak pad problem aswell?

Yes.

thought the new black release went out with the new pads..

MPC1000BK is not he newest release. And no it does not have the pad upgrade, trust me bro I got the bk and am waiting diligently for my new pads.
By QuaA Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:16 am
I like how the one-sheet pad fix is called:

Akai MPC 1000 Pad Set - New Version Pad Fix Upgrade

...new version upgrade, to revert to the old style...
By CHI TOWN 312 Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:26 am
for some reason the pads dont sound the same when i am recording. it doesnt seem to recognize the way i hit the pads. does anyone have any idea why that is? i was thinkin that i need to get some new pads and get rid of the stock ones?
By undermythumb417 Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Why is the first post - which apparently should be the instructional one - entirely blank?

I just bought an MPC1000 ($600), and I won't be able to afford the entire Akai pad set any time soon, so I'd like to know how to fix individual pads as a sort of temporary insurance policy.
By Djee Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:43 am
Man... 25 pages! That was an intense read... Unfortunately I'm broke and heading off for a trip for a month...* I guess fixing this will have to wait till I get back when I decide to install a hard drive too! Oh, and till I get a job! :P Props to the RnD team on here though! I have to say I have taken the, leave it in the corner for now approach. Hopefully when i get to it, I'll fix a couple pads and this randomly hitting notes and going hay wire when I'm using it as a MIDI controller.

Thanks everyone and maybe some more news will happen between now and when I get back!

Cheers,

Djaz-ee Djee!

* For those of you who caught that, yes, I am going on a month long "vacation" with very little money. I'm starting to fear stressing about money will get the best of me... Oh well, we only live once right?

P.S. Sorry for half of this post being off topic.

Re:

By mpc2000 Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:39 pm
theInSiDEoUsHiDeoUs wrote:does anybody know if you can buy the conductive material from a electronics store? because if you could it would make sense to buy a sheet and cut a square that was the same size as the space underneath the pad. then just place it underneath and you dont need to glue it because it wont shift.

yeah..i also wanted to mention super glue is a bad idea, thats what i tried using...the pad is the same as it was before. :?

where are the photos at?
By Adam_Fulara Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:55 pm
I have read almost all 25 pages :-).

My question:

Does have the new MPC 1000 the same problem or not?

If I have got the point, after November 2007 this problem has been resolved by Akai with the new one-part-16-pads rubber. I want to bay the new MPC 1000 v2 in the music store, so please let me know, that I will have to check the pads.

Best regards
Adam
By Djee Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:06 pm
To be honest I don't know, but I've been looking at buying the replacement part which I'm assuming is what they're putting in new mpc1000s. Anyone have any feedback about how that new set of pads from akai compares to the DIY route? (The new set being the 16 single piece and not 16 single pieces :wink: )

Cheers,

G

P.S. I haven't progressed too far with my mpc since my last post, however I am back in montreal after an unexpected 5 month extension to my trip.
By Djee Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:57 pm
Yeah, I'm kind of interested, I realise it's the same stuff as what I'm rocking now, so it's gonna go at some point, but maybe by then I'll be richer and can afford to full out customise everything. Write me an email at djaz.ee.djee at gmail.com and we'll talk about it.

Cheers,

G