Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By ROCiSM01 Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:47 am
ok...i am BAAACkkkk...

i bought the new akai mpc1000 replacement pad set...

and let me tell you all...

it is " BEAUtIFUL "...

i feel like CHERIBUM sing over my MPC everyday...

i like it and i think this was the way AKAI should of done it in the first place instead of there money making ploy that totally discouraged all of mpc 1000 owners...

I LOVE my 1000 and would trade it for any other MPC... it is quite the powerful machine... it is everything i need for my HIPHOP production...

if you didn't get the AKAI REPLACMENTS ...

then PLEASE DO...

peace love and blessings

ROCiSM
By jmac01 Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:21 am
just got a blue mpc1000 for cheap off craigslist, the guy told me that the top four pads didn't work because he didnt have any sounds programmed to them, got it home test it out and, yeah unsurprisingly none of them work. The few that do work must be pressed really hard. What are my options?(other than buying the 180 dollar oldschool replacement pad set from mpcstuff.com) I don't mind using the foil but how would i install it without short circuiting my mpc? Also whats this hot glue option i dont understand how that would work, wouldnt hot glue burn the rubber?
By b-righteous Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:51 pm
Are you asking for someone to give you bad advice? If you want to use your MPC and not have problems tinkering with it, wishing you had working pads, wind up buying later anyway etc., just pay up and buy the pads.

VST and MPC stuff have them in stock now so I would not waste time. Prior to now, they have been back ordered for months. No telling how long they will be available.
By Coastkarma13k Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:41 am
I have a mpc 1000 (blue) that I just bought off craigslist
I'm trying to figure out if the pads are bad or what!!?!?!? It's weird
when I hit the pads they are responsive and function... but say I lay down a drum
patern when I go to layer other sounds over each other and hit a pad
to trigger another sound it's almost like it mutes any other sound that is layerd under what ever I'm trying to lay down..... I don't know if I'm in some weird mode I'm not aware of or if this is a sighn of some fualty pads or maybe an OS issue.

ANY one ever hear of anything like this????
By Tapuno Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:21 am
mode>program> change mono to poly in the top right corner. our in monophonic mode. no problom.
By Tapuno Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:29 am
question-If I performed a Rocism chassi rebuild, would the new pads work with it?
By 50quidsoundboy Tue May 18, 2010 12:57 pm
hi all! couple of things to say about pads.

1) The pad upgrade kit from mpc stuff is fantastic. expensive, but fantastic. very, very easy to fit too, and no trouble getting it shipped to the UK.

2) I'm selling my old pads in case anyone has a few dead ones and wants to replace them individually. 15 currently working pads in great condition, yours for 20 quid: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1182
By jazzbee Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:38 pm
This is an absolute must have mod if you have the crappy old mpc1000 with the shite pads.
A great fix, the mpc1000 should have had these installed in the first place!

Now who's gonna get those jog wheel encoders in stock, thats a another shitty problem to deal with :(