Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By pc132 Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:27 pm
Here's what I've seen so far

zzounds.com: $879 w/free gig bag
musiciansfriend.com: $879

I've read on here that somebody preordered from Guitar Center for something less than $700. I went to a GC yesterday and wasn't able to get that offer.

Anybody seen any cheaper? Also musiciansfriend is listing the release date as 10/31 while zzounds shows 12/10. What's up with that?

By pobeats Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:51 pm
I saw one on eBay for like $50.00. Came with an MPC4000 upgrade kit and a gig bag.

By MPC_Producer Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:41 pm
I contacted two Guitar Centers yesterday. They had no idea what the MPC1000 is. I think whoever wrote that post with low price made a mistake. It's way too low when you consider the list price is $999 and this is a new product.

The lowest price is at Nova Musik: $875
Availability: who knows when?

http://novamusik.com/search.asp?type=Ma ... keyword=70
By R DA MASTER Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:42 pm
I pre-ordered one from musicians friend, but whats the deal with the release date?
I think musicians friend either got the illest connects or they selling us dreams cause I heard that the unit got pushed back but they still list the release date for 10-31.
I'm extremely anxious to get my hands on that minie mpc, its so cute (no homo).

By pobeats Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:02 pm
Guitar Center and Musicians Friends are one in the same.

By MPC_Producer Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:07 am
Yeah, I know. That's why I mentioned them in the same post. It's a wonder the retail stores don't know what the online store knows about. Man, Musician's Friend better be right about that 10/31. They used to have really bad estimates a few years ago. We'll find out on Friday. Good thing they aren't in San Diego or the whole supply of new MPC1000's might burn up before the end of the week.
BySofaKing Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:41 pm
[quote="pc132"]Here's what I've seen so far

zzounds.com: $879 w/free gig bag
musiciansfriend.com: $879

I've read on here that somebody preordered from Guitar Center for something less than $700. I went to a GC yesterday and wasn't able to get that offer.

Anybody seen any cheaper? Also musiciansfriend is listing the release date as 10/31 while zzounds shows 12/10. What's up with that?[/quote]

Do you realalize how silly you are?
Price shopping something that is not available.
If you were stranded in the desert, you'd probably go thirsty looking for the best deal on drinking water.

FWIW.
Im an AKAI dealer, I have 10 pre sold sold at 879.00.

By pc132 Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:10 am
I'm silly for asking around about published prices??

It figures that this is the attitude coming from a dealer...it's obviously in your best interest that I not try and get the best price I can.

Your comparison of an Akai MPC1000 to water is ridiculous at best, unless that is how important the MPC is to you.

BySofaKing Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:53 am
[quote="pc132"]I'm silly for asking around about published prices??

It figures that this is the attitude coming from a dealer...it's obviously in your best interest that I not try and get the best price I can.

Your comparison of an Akai MPC1000 to water is ridiculous at best, unless that is how important the MPC is to you.[/quote]

No, I think some one looking for the best price on something thats not available is whats silly.

Ive been selling Akai for 15 yrs.
and as ive stated, have many pre sold at 879.00

best

By mpc3000 Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:30 am
"Anybody seen any cheaper? "

You are not going to see anything cheaper than $879. That is MAP set by Akai. You can ask for cheaper and may even get a few dollars off, but nothing of any significance since it is not released and is likely to be on backorder status for some time to come.

As a former Akai dealer myself, I never discounted something that was pending release, newly released or on backorder since there is someone else waiting in line ready to pay the regular price.

It has always been a rule of thumb that the early adopters will pay the regular price for any peice from any company.

By rasaban Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:08 pm
I work at Guitar Center and have heard that Akai's Pushed the date back til after Xmas ........

By DJARTWORK Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:18 pm
Are you kidding me...? I know your not, but I was wishing in my thinking.

Man that sucks...

Bydeceptacon Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:35 am
POST DELETED by admin

By triplegreen Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:22 pm
Must be a bogus website cuz it doesn't exist anymore. Yo Deceptacon would you like to clarify? ???