Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:38 pm
Annoying...although when I ordered the automated email stated that ship dates and quantities were updated every 15 minutes. Perhaps the original shipment will still go out on Friday, and a second batch will become available on the 19th...

Here's hoping...

By MPC_Producer Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:54 pm
It figures. A salesman at another dealer told me there is no way anyone can predict AKAI shipments. He's been in sales for 3 years and said that AKAI's shipping estimates are sometimes off by months. That explains all these different dates from the online stores. I don't think any of them know for sure when the MPC1000's are going to arrive. I'll find out Saturday. If Musician's Friend hasn't shipped my MPC1000 by then I might cancel my order and wait for zzounds.

By JusDaFied Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:19 pm
I love how there is four reviews of the 1000 on musiciansfriend already. Jackasses are rating them without ever seeing one in person or using them. It goes to show you how useless those customer raitngs actually are.
By R DA MASTER Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:41 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if they keep pushing they shyt back(no homo) mainly because of the pre-orders not meeting their "high expectations". I guess they trying create a "buzz" for cheap instead of doing it the correct way which is by advertising cause had it not been for this forum I would've never found out about the MPC 1000, which shows you that Akai refuses to properly market their new units(cheap bastards).

By elmacaco Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:30 am
uh... the ads are everywhere in music mags...

By MPC_Producer Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:28 pm
Well...it's official. Musician's Friend didn't know what they talking about. I got an e-mail telling me that the new ship date is 11/19/03.

Music123.com sent me this one....

"Thanks for your inquiry about Akai MPC1000

This item is currently on order and expected to arrive in our warehouse by 11/12/2003. We will send you another email as soon as it is in stock.

Please be advised that many shipments are pre-sold even before they arrive. To guarantee your place in line, we recommend that you order this item now; by ordering now, the item will automatically ship to you as soon as it arrives in our warehouse.

Please note that your credit card will not be charged until the item ships, and you may cancel at any time before shipment. To order now, click here:

http://www.music123.com/myaccount/carta ... &nid=22750
"
I don't think anyone knows when the MPC1000 is going to arrive. There are too many different dates to take them seriously.

By mpc3000 Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:02 pm
The date will actually be in early December. I know the reason, but I am not sure if I am allowed to repeat it. I can say it has nothing to do with pre-orders or hype. Akai is getting them out to market ASAP so they can start getting a return on the investment.

As far as Akai being unreliable on shipping dates is not unique to Akai. I do some work in the international shipping business and many international shipments to the US are delayed for a variety of reasons and th primary one being the 9/11 backlash. We've had many delays in shipments for a stray mark in the customs paperwork or dock worker strikes.

Another contribution to delays is that Akai is not a manufacturing company (like many of the other music equipment companies) and outsources the work to another company (and usually in another country). It is quite a feat to coordinate hundreds of parts to a another location to be assembled for you. A problem with a single supplier can set you bck weeks.

By MPC_Producer Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:41 pm
I understand what you're saying, but AKAI is consistently unreliable. That's the difference between them and other vendors.

So what is the reason you referred to in your first paragraph? It's either terrorist related or someone's trying to get around the trade laws with multiple shipping points.

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:04 am
Musician's Friend now showing Dec 26 as the ship date on their site...the Music123 site is showing Dec 10 though, and zZounds is still showing Nov 20. No emails on the order I placed at Musician's Friend when the ship date was still displayed as Oct 31.

Even more annoying...

By MPC_Producer Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:46 pm
zzounds changed their date AGAIN!

Music123 changed their date AGAIN. It was 11/12/03 just yesterday!!.

This is getting ridiculous. The retailers must have received some news this weekend.

Sweetwater told me there is no possible way anyone could give a firm date because AKAI is totally unreliable. The salesman explained to me that he sees other reps from Korg, Roland, and Yamaha every 3 - 4 weeks but he hasn't seen anyone from AKAI in over 3 years that he has worked at Sweetwater.

It looks like AKAI is going to blow their chance for holiday sales. They have only a small chance to get the MPC1000's to retailers before Christmas. The middle of December is actually late because by that time many people have spent a lot of their money already. And December 26th? Ha! The money will be gone.

By itchyvinyl Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:32 pm
NOW the Musician's Friend date says 12/26!
I bet Akai is BUMMED that they're blowing past Christmas.

By MPC_Producer Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:30 pm
zzounds is back to 12/04/03. They have no idea what they are doing. I would tend to believe Musician's Friend before I believe zzounds.

Music123 has December 10th.

If it is any later than 12/10/03 AKAI might as well forget about Christmas sales. They are going to lose a bundle. The retailers are going to have good sales this year, but no one is going to wait for AKAI when they have Christmas money buring a hole in their pocket.

By FunkHumper Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:55 pm
MPC_Producer wrote: The retailers are going to have good sales this year, but no one is going to wait for AKAI when they have Christmas money buring a hole in their pocket.

No one except me....

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:23 pm
I just got an email from Musician's Friend saying that it would be 30 days before my order could be filled. I reckon that they took more pre-orders than they had on order from Akai (I placed mine before the end of October) and that their date of 12/26 is based on a second shipment of 1000s coming into stock.

I cancelled my order and phoned 8th Street Music instead. They said they expect to ship in two weeks. Got a nice price too ($864).