Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By aaron_bliss Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:19 pm
Insectpossewillbecrushed wrote:I just got an email from Musician's Friend saying that it would be 30 days before my order could be filled. I reckon that they took more pre-orders than they had on order from Akai (I placed mine before the end of October) and that their date of 12/26 is based on a second shipment of 1000s coming into stock.

I cancelled my order and phoned 8th Street Music instead. They said they expect to ship in two weeks. Got a nice price too ($864).

musicians friend has not received the first shipment yet. the first order was for 75 units according to the sales rep I spoke with. As he put it, they only have something like 35 preorders thus far. Not quite 75.

anyone else thinking of canceling their order... think again. If anyone gets it first, it will be Musicians friend or Zounds, they are the two largest resale music companies out there. So, just chill y'all, it will be here soon.

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:47 pm
Well, I've done business with 8th Street before, and they've always been good to deal with. Musician's Friend, on the other hand, were not able to give me a straight answer about when my order would ship. I've seen the ship date on their site change twice since I ordered (over a month ago), but they only saw fit to contact me now.