Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By mpc3000 Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:15 pm
From the manual:

Recording the MAIN OUT
In this section, you will learn how to record the same signal found on the STEREO OUT of the MPC1000. With this feature, you can add the effects to the recorded sample and re-record it, or you can record the phrase that you created with the sequence feature, as one sample.

Yes, this means that the MPC1000 re-samples. A feature that will likely kill all other MPC's. Let's hope it is in an early OS release.

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:10 pm
I've seen resampling mentioned as a feature of the 1000 somewhere else (either futureproducers or the Yahoo! group), but couldn't find anything in the manual that specifically mentioned it...well spotted.

By bboy Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:45 pm
yea, i saw this and was wondering if it was on the 2000xl. this is definately a great selling point. you can now free up effect blocks... my old sampler had resampling capabilities and the possibilities were endless...

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:37 am
Nope...the 're-sample' function on the 2000xl allows you to reduce the bit-rate of a sample (it looks like the 1000 uses a 'bit grunger' effect to do this), not sample a sequence that's playing.

By thynctank Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:13 am
It's also got a normalise feature, which MPCs have been lacking for some time. (dunno bout 4000) Great for when you love your take of a particular bit but it's too quiet to mesh in the mix.

I'll miss the reverse function, though.

-tank.

By Dr.Foo Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:37 pm
i dunno MPC3K, Its cool, but if you gots a pc (and your program editor, :wink: dat ish isnt that hard to do, and its not as time consuming as one might think.

Which brings me to this, I noticed that the MPC 60/3000/2000 workarounds, for simple stuff like this, if you plan ahead and do stuff like resampling/rechopping at certain stages in the production, it moves like second nature and really, only eats up a couple of minutes of time. EG not that big a deal, dont interrupt the creative "flow" of a track.

Is it worth it, to peeps to give up the ruggendness of these older MPC's to get the benefits of the new one, IE do the smaller pads get to you? will the tradeoff of resampling, be good or bad. (before you answer sit down and think of this-)
:how often, while doing a "workarond" does an idea inspired by said workaround pop into your head and eventually into the song?

By mpc3000 Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:48 pm
"Is it worth it, to peeps to give up the ruggendness of these older MPC's to get the benefits of the new one"

You are still looking at this as an MPC user. The lack of a re-sampling feature has kept many people away from owning MPCs (opting for Emu instead). This is sure to bring many people to the MPC table to eat.

By prospect Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:21 pm
---- This post edited because user "MPC3000" posted this thread about resampling functions, not general MPC1000 comments----
Last edited by prospect on Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By MPC_Producer Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:40 pm
It is good to hear an early report but we will have to wait until a lot of people actually have these units in their studios before we know for sure. After all, the MPC1000 hasn't been release officially yet. A few months after AES is a long time.

Did the MPC1000 pads have a small delay or what? The MPC4000 pads have a double triggering problem, so anything is possible. The double triggering was driving me insane this afternoon when I was working on new track. I agree with you on this paint scheme. AKAI must have hired a designer who uses psychedelics and enjoys rich colors.

Now everyone don't freak out over this MPC1000 news. Remember it is a single report about an unreleased product from a user experience weeks ago. You have 30 days to return anything. Remember it!

By prospect Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:24 am
I posted a new topic about the experience
see "MPC1k AES NYC - experience"

By mpc3000 Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:51 am
"I got to play with the MPC 1000 at AES (NYC)"

How many threads are going to post this in?

"The responsiveness of the pads are absolutely horrible."

This has already been fixed. Remember that you were using a prototype with an early OS. Akai would never release a production model with sloppy repsonse.

By prospect Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:47 am
mpc3000 wrote:
How many threads are going to post this in?

I think I already got my point across, so I think, what.. like 2 or 3?
Hope that answers your question.

By mpc3000 Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:27 pm
"Hope that answers your question."

Not really since I still trying to figure out what your post has to do with the MPC1000's re-sampling capability.

By prospect Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:45 pm
BS fixed
Satisfied?

Now you have 6 extra messages having nothing to do with resampling functions.

By FunkHumper Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:06 am
Back to the original thread....yeah, the resampling feature is the tits! What I wonder is if this will allow you to sample from the inputs while a seq is running...Like if I wanted to play a few guitar notes to a loop i had already made(or even a click track). If I understand correctly, you can use the FX on an external source, and the signal is then sent to the main outs, and you can re-sample from the main outputs...anyone see what I'm getting at? Maybe I should just re-read my pdf manual instead of babbling....My point is that I really want the 1k to be able to sample on the fly.
...BTW, MPC3000, are you Roger Linn?