Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By MPC_Producer Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:30 am
Roland had terrible timing with the MV-8000. They announced it in the summer. It took what seemed like forever to get any of them in stock. By then the interest in it had evaporated. The MV-8000 is $2,300 for the basic unit. Customers get bored waiting. They spend the money on other things. Roland will have to wait until NAMM for a revival of interest.

Have your digital cameras ready. Let's see those MPC1000's in your studios! Who will be the first to have one?

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:53 am
kevindetroit wrote:They are shipping now, and they will be most likely in available in US stores around Monday...
This is the best news I have heard all day...cheers.

By aaron_bliss Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:19 pm
kevindetroit wrote:When to Guitar Center today, in Pro Audio they said they got an email Guitar Center HQ stating the MPC's are in Guitar Center's warehouse in Washington. They are shipping now, and they will be most likely in available in US stores around Monday....

Funny, I just call my local store and they said that they have had several calls, but no email from HQ, no info on the unit at all. I called ZZounds and they expect them in on Friday... hmm, oh well, be sure to let us know when they do come in.

By bboy Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:21 pm
"ZZounds and they expect them in on Friday"

zzounds just changed their release date to 1/3/04 this morning... who the hell knows... akai better be happy they don't have a real competitor or they'd probably be out of business. they need to get their shit straight.

By The-Shadow Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:35 pm
MPC_Producer wrote:Roland had terrible timing with the MV-8000. They announced it in the summer. It took what seemed like forever to get any of them in stock. By then the interest in it had evaporated. The MV-8000 is $2,300 for the basic unit. Customers get bored waiting. They spend the money on other things. Roland will have to wait until NAMM for a revival of interest.

Have your digital cameras ready. Let's see those MPC1000's in your studios! Who will be the first to have one?

bboy wrote:"ZZounds and they expect them in on Friday"

zzounds just changed their release date to 1/3/04 this morning... who the hell knows... akai better be happy they don't have a real competitor or they'd probably be out of business. they need to get their straight.

So I guess Roland is not the only one overpromising and underdelivering.

The Shadow knows.

By MPC_Producer Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:13 am
Yeah, but wait until NAMM next month. Roland is probably going to have their MV-8000 connected to a monitor. Then what will MPC owners think? You can almost hear it already, "Why didn't AKAI make the MPC1000 with a VGA port?"

By the way, The Weather Channel is forecasting lots of snow this weekend. Delivery of MPC1000's might be delayed. LOL!

By mpc3000 Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:17 am
"Does anybody know the real reason behind Akai not releasig The MPC 1000 Yet?"

I do, but I do not know that I can repeat it. I do know that the delay is not any big deal. If you call Akai, they may tell you.

"zzounds just changed their release date to 1/3/04 this morning"

That is a later shipment of what can be reserved for sale. The ones that are arriving this week and following three weeks have already been sold so it would not make any sense to advertise that date.

By DJARTWORK Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:22 pm
Spoke with the guys at Guitar Center and they said that it will be in by about 12/15 or so. Everyone is talking the same dates so I guess we just need to wait and see....

By Stashy Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:47 am
My guitar center said that they might not get them now. I guess I'm going to have to order it from PSSL.com Believe it or not it will be cheaper for me to order it anyway. The have free shipping on things over 300 and there is no tax if you are out of state from the retailer.

By kevindetroit Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:12 am
Guitar Center jacked me...They said they would have them Monday (today)...no luck. Sorry if I put peoples hopes up. I spoke to Head Manager at GC Detroit and he said Akai emailed him saying there was a delay should get them on 15th. I mentioned the sales people said GC HQ said they had them and where shipping from Washington...but I didn't make a big deal as not to offend the sales people and blow my chances of getting first run.