Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By big-slick Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:45 pm
i heard the mpc 1000 will hit the stores next week.
i can't wait till i get hands on that mofo.

By wellsy747486 Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:43 pm
I ordered mine here in the UK yesterday over the phone from R&T Music. The guy told me that I had the last one from their initial stock (wonder how many people get told that) and I'd be sent a free carry bag with it. But he also said that their supplier had called them on Thursday morning saying they were in the country, and they would be at the shop on Monday 1st December. Pretty exciting, should be with us by this time next week at the latest!

By MPC_Producer Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:30 pm
To whoever gets the first MPC1000: post a link to a photo of the new MPC in your studio so we know it is real.

By Stashy Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:42 pm
I hope it lives up to the hype. I'm going to be picking one of these bad boys up myself as soon as I here that there is no problem with the delays when you hit the pads.

By wellsy747486 Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:31 pm
Got a call from my 'supplier', he said they're in stock now and they're sending them out tomorrow (Tuesday 02 Dec), I'll have it Wednesday.

By Stashy Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:32 am
If that is the case then I'll be picking mine up next tuesday when I get my paycheck.

By DJARTWORK Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:15 pm
Wellsy-

How do I get my hands on one of them...every one I have talked to says it will be two weeks at a minimum...Do you have a hookup I could exploit?

By wellsy747486 Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:22 pm
I spoke to my hookup today (R&T Music) and they said they had sold out of their initial stock that they received today. I guess that's why they reckon there's a two week wait for them.

By Stashy Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:04 am
I think your hook up might have been bullshiting you.

By wellsy747486 Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:50 am
Stashy wrote:I think your hook up might have been **** you.

Not entirely sure what four letter profanity is supposed to fit in there, but they're a relatively reputable dealer. As long as they send mine out I'm not bothered.

www.mpc1000.co.uk

By DJARTWORK Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:35 pm
Wellsy don't mind stashy his english is not very good...

By Stashy Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:12 pm
Should have been bullcraping you. But I used the other word.

By wellsy747486 Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:31 pm
Ah gotcha. Spoke to them today and the unit's apparently on it's way so finger's crossed, tomorrow or Friday (or there'll be hell to pay).

By kevindetroit Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:12 am
When to Guitar Center today, in Pro Audio they said they got an email Guitar Center HQ stating the MPC's are in Guitar Center's warehouse in Washington. They are shipping now, and they will be most likely in available in US stores around Monday....It's funny while I was in there the intercom store pager had about 4 "MPC Question for Pro Audio". The guys said they get about 20 calls a day. What's interesting was they said they had about the same interest in Roland's super wack bite box the MV-8000, but once it got in the store they haven't sold one. Serves Roland right for super jockin'