Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By spacecowdude Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:24 pm
Hello all,

I will be the proud owner of an MPC1000 and the Korg D1200 recording unit in 2 weeks and I want to buy some self-powered studio monitors to go with my set-up. I was told I could plug my studio monitors directly into the MPC1000 or the Korg D1200 via 1/4 inch RCA jacks, and not have to go through an amplifier/receiver (I have a receiver but it's a dinosaur so it wouldn't be powerful enough for my newer monitors). Could someone on here confirm this? Also, if anyone already owns the MPC1000, how are the pads compared to other MPC models? I remember hearing about concerns with the MPC1000's pads, that they might suck or something.... Thanks,

Yves

By cooocooo1 Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:23 pm
If you get "active" monitors you can plug them directly into the monitor outs of the D1200, "active" monitors have built in amps where as "passive" monitors require an outboard amp. With the prices of monitors now there's really no reason not to get active monitors. I'd suggest taking a cd you're familiar with down to your local music store and listening to as many different models as you can before buying.
By spacecowdude Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:57 pm
Very good advice man, thanks sooo much... that's what I wanted to hear! :D