Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
Byronnice Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:51 am
I am trying to break into hip-hop production using equipment. after many months of looking around and doing lots of research i decided to go with the mpc 1000. it should be here "sometime" this month haha (anyone actually know when they ship? i got 2 dif. answers from sam ash, and everyone else is saying they are pushed back).

so now that this piece will be in my "studio" aside from some nice monitors, and the extra memory card I ordered & USB cable, what else do I need/should i get to go with it?

some added extras and what not if you will....

i would also like to know who carries the best or what is the best sample cd for real hard drums? i would like to get a nice hard drum cd for this thing....

thanks
ron
By Lampdog Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:13 am
ronnice wrote:i would also like to know who carries the best or what is the best sample cd for real hard drums? i would like to get a nice hard drum cd for this thing.... thanks ron

The "BEST" depends on your ears and particular tastes.

Byronnice Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:25 am
understood, but in your opinion what do u prefer or believe to be the best or most efficient for hard drums.

By Lampdog Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:35 am
ronnice wrote:understood, but in your opinion what do u prefer or believe to be the best or most efficient for hard drums.

For me, my hardest drums come from sampling old school cassette tapes, CD's and wax. I have several sample CD's from years of sampling though. I have this one CD called "Dre's hiphop kits" that someone gave to me a while back, it's NICE..