Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By vladvir231 Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:59 am
sorry people, im a real beginner to music production so i need advise.....

im getting the 1000 for its compatability with my PC..... but im kinda stuck on what else to get and what else is essential for my setup, im on a bit of a budget bare in mind

r there any good, cheap ish MIDI synths about...
will i need a MIDI controller on my PC.....
im gonna need some software thats easy to use. (would you advise cool edit)

i will be thankful for any suggestions.......... thanks for your time....

By triplegreen Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:15 am
research the yammie s03, roland rs50, alesis qs series or if you really got some bread, korg triton, roland fantom, yammie motif, and my favorites korg karma and trrinity v3 keyboards. Cool edit is fine if you can still find a copy cuz it is now called adobe audition. Just shift though this and holla at me in the mornin. :D

By vladvir231 Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:45 pm
thanks man, will do research on them 2nite, thanks again

By bakebeatz Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:59 pm
if your lookin for a good midi controller oxygen 8 is great to start off with

By triplegreen Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:41 am
definitely, I am saving up to buy the larger version which is called the radium so I can figure out what to do with my cz101. Don't worry dog I can try my best to answer you questions you may have on the keyboards you're checking out since I either or used to own a few of them one time or another.

By vladvir231 Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:14 am
yeah the yamaha s03 looks about right for me, cheers people

By triplegreen Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:55 am
Yeah I had that one, the manual is ass backwards but the sounds are pretty good. I suggest turning off reverb in the main effects bus, it makes the pianos sound good but everything else is cheesy. I bought one from musiciansfriend.com for $500