Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Roopesh Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:31 am
A UK based music recording retailer called me for a demo on the mpc 1000.

I got to compare side to side with an mpc 3000le.

First thoughts...

wicked!!!

sounds Full On (at least with my kicks and snares).

not at ALL different to MPC3000 fatness wise...its very similar.

a Fu**in tight sequencer.

sounds clinical and very crisp with snares and hi hats.

its wicked.

Ime looking to buy one this week as i have the tried and tested one reserved.

By effekt Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:50 pm
Roopesh, have you noticed any delay on the pads?
I've heard it from few people, but I still can't believe it.

By bobbob Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:57 pm
when i demod the unit there was no delay at all. :D
By LabWorkz Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:56 pm
Did you find anything you didn't like about the MPC 1000? What did you find wrong with the MPC 1000 off top just from messin around on it?

By richard Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:27 pm
no delay whatsoever, don't worry bout that

Richard

By bobbob Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:10 am
NOTHING
exept the red bits

i am buying one :!:
By Roopesh Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:57 am
But more importantly the 'Shift Timing' feature not being thier under that name.

Instead they called it 'Moving' events.

Also as Richard owns one...he clearly states NO DELAY...

so thats rock solid proof.

By bobbob Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:33 am
Construction felt better than the 2000 \ xl (very solid) . IScreen is good and bright and easy to read. Would be better if it tilted. not very important.
Pads were a bit smaller than the 2K + 3K but felt the same. (great)
Very quick too (samples load a lot quicker than on the zip disks)
I struggle to find anything to dislike :!:

Akai have done something right :!: :!: :shock: :!: :!:

the whole nine and some!

any more Qs just holla

peace

By mpc3000 Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:00 am
"But more importantly the 'Shift Timing' feature not being thier under that name.
Instead they called it 'Moving' events."

`Moving events` has been in every MPC. It was redundant to have it in two places. I am glad it was consolidated since it is a Seq Edit function.

By thynctank Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:01 am
mpc3000 wrote:"But more importantly the 'Shift Timing' feature not being thier under that name.
Instead they called it 'Moving' events."

`Moving events` has been in every MPC. It was redundant to have it in two places. I am glad it was consolidated since it is a Seq Edit function.

I had been confused about people complaining about this, too. After reading the manual and everything, I still had no idea what people were fussing about, haha. There's a few other redundancies mashed as well, like the triggering mode/loop mode of a sample within a program, and I'm sure a few others I can't think of off the top.

Peace,
-tank.

By richard Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:11 am
are you saying no to the red plastick? to me navy blue and red is just not a happening combination and with the different coloured switches and all its just too busy, I think white with the red sides would have been beautiful... its not too bad though

more importantly, do you really think it sounds like like a 3000??? I'm not familiar with the 3000, but I feel the 1000 sounds rather different from the 2000 which sounds hard and aggressive, even a little cold and crunchy but always great! The bass end on the 1000 sounds softer but less defined... of course , maybe nicer... the compression and master EQ make a huge difference of course, with them turned off I do not think the 1000 sounds nearly as punchy as the 2000 - of course it depends so much on monitoring, which samples you use etc, etc

but I'd be surprised if anyone was actively dissapointed by the sound

Richard

Did u get to try the two Q1 sliders? They are very nice I think, but I think one of mine is not working - just like to check if anyone else has the same problem - u should check it before you buy anyway