Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
Bybengeorge Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:58 am
After having perused the manual, I have failed to find the "Velocity to Sample Start" function. Please, Akai, tell me you haven't forgotten this function.

My beats sound so much less "static" when I use the v->start, especially snare drums, but I use it at least a little bit on pretty much everything.

Has this been covered? Tried to search for it, but the search thing is a bit "dodgy" as the brits say.

Also, is there anyway to adjust the pan setting for each sample assigned to a pad? Cymbals sound much sweeter when you set two of them to the same pad and then pan each R and L, and then detune them, and then assign slightly different v->start settings to each, they "swirl" around. I used to do that on the MPC3000 with the "Simultanious" pad function, which I can't seem to find on in the 1000 manual.

And, just to add my vote into the mix, Akai, please, put reverse sample back in there. No way is it any harder than "normalize".