Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By JusDaFied Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:11 am
Haha...It's up to $970...Some people just can't wait. I remember when jackasses were buying PS2's on ebay for like $1000 when they first came out because they couldn't supply them.

By mikesonic Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:18 am
JusDaFied wrote:Haha...It's up to $970...Some people just can't wait. I remember when jackasses were buying PS2's on ebay for like $1000 when they first came out because they couldn't supply them.

1111.- € in a german offer... so let me think...
that´s something like 1333$

so 970$ sounds like a bargain

I´m still NOT selling it

By mpc3000 Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:41 am
"someone selling the 1k .... the first? "

What makes this the first? Some people have already bought theirs.

Someone should ask for a serial number from the unit and post it here. I can probably tell you interesting info about it.

By bakebeatz Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:01 am
EXM128 128MB Expansion Memory Card it comes with that 2 plus samples

By Nielsen Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:22 am
...maybe it's one of the prototypes with those messed-up pads ?!

Prices are strange here in Germany:
New 1k really costs 1111€ + shipping

By MPC_Producer Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:57 pm
Listings like this one are usually from someone who had a sudden change in their personal life like the loss of a job or something else right after the person bought the item new. There seems to be something else going on in this listing. The seller is registered in Hong Kong. He might have bought the MPC1000 for less money over there. His seller name is "dhlkid". Or maybe I should say "DHL Kid". He might have a shipping connection with a supplier in Asia. He's also selling various open box Asian synth products.

There is nothing wrong with his listing. He has good feedback. You just wouldn't want to have bought this item because the price is so close to a new MPC that it isn't worth the trouble. It could be one of the very first MPC1000's ever made. He has a box so it probably isn't a prototype.

By mpc3000 Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:21 pm
The problem with the products he sells is they will have Hong Kong serial numbers. The US distributor will not authorize warranty repair in the US for overseas products. Each distributor pays for warranty repairs in their own country which is built into the regional selling prices. If a distributor did not get a cut on the orignal sale, do not expect them to pay for repairs. So if you do not mind sending it back to Hong Kong for repair, it would be OK.

That is, if it even qualified for warranty repair. Giving the decsription of the products that this `pseudo-retailer` carries, I doubt they do.

By MPC_Producer Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:45 pm
Warranty issues occurred to me. I omitted that part from my post since I had no proof this MPC was originally destined for a market other than the US. It doesn't matter now though. dhlkid ran the listing for a short time, ended it early. He sells plenty of merchandise and has no negative feedback. I remember him from photos of other things he's sold that I viewed. Unusual payment and shipping methods. He doesn't accept PayPal and only ships using the US Postal Service. What's going on there? A lot of good a "tracking number" will do. The USPS doesn't offer tracking information. They only have Delivery Confirmation.

I was just about to send the above paragraph when I remembered this link I had saved:

http://www.dhlkid.com/

Scroll to the bottom of the web page.