Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By iwillshank Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:43 am
i think im #233.. ;)

btw, does it come with a usb cable cause i didnt see one anywhere in my box or any reference to what shouldve been included, the music store i went to had no idea .. and curiosity about expansion for the unit,thanks ..

one

By mpc3000 Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:36 am

Isn't there is a year and month stamp in there? Every Akai peice uses the same serial format. Yours could be #1,376.

By wellsy747486 Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:30 am
You have to buy a USB Cable seperate, got mine working last night. And I had to buy a new power lead, the one I got sent was a European two pin lead. I got it from R&T music, I advise anyone who considers dealing with them to stay well clear, they're absolutely dreadful.

By iwillshank Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:46 pm
nah is #233, it clearly states it.. i guess there have only been a thousand made so far..the reason i say this is because..along with my manual and registration card..there is an offer for a free gig bag from akai for the mpc 1000...included with the first thousand.. (i think this number is seperate from my serial number.. but you may be right.. - to be totally honest- i havent even turned it on yet ;) )

tonight though..after work..its on..

By iwillshank Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:09 pm
btw...does anyone recommend getting an extended warranty on an mpc1000?

By mpc3000 Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:42 pm
"does anyone recommend getting an extended warranty on an mpc1000?"

No. Not for any type of purchase whatsoever.

By MPC_Producer Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:12 pm
Extended warranties are a scam unless you are going to gig or travel extensively with the MPC or any other product such as a laptop. If you are in that situation, then consider the extension. They often function the same as a maintenance contract with the store offering a repair or replacement for any reason. But if this purchase is for a studio where the MPC will be stationary then don't become involved with an extra charge.

By kevindetroit Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:07 pm
Hey where can I find what number my 1000 is?

By mpc3000 Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:36 am
He is reffering to the card for a free gig bag that comes with the MPC. Each one is stamped with a number. This is not anyway indicative of the serial number of the unit, nor is it related to a particular series of MPC's. Akai simply placed a bunch of numbered cards in the first 1000 MPC's they pulled out of the warehouse.

Even though my card says 309, my MPC was made is August of 2003 and is number 501 (of that month).

By D_Samp Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:02 am
extended warranties are rubbish

to date one of my mpc's has done about 200 gigs in any number of conditions and beeen in planes/buses/cars etc.... it goes fine

original warranty is up, and ive always fixed any stuff myself.

insurance is better then warranty any day.

even better is having a good relationship with your local independantly owned pro music store and knowing a bit about electronics yourself.

ps, no free gig bag in aus as yet

By cookedfood Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:11 pm
mpc3000 wrote:He is reffering to the card for a free gig bag that comes with the MPC. Each one is stamped with a number. This is not anyway indicative of the serial number of the unit, nor is it related to a particular series of MPC's. Akai simply placed a bunch of numbered cards in the first 1000 MPC's they pulled out of the warehouse.

Even though my card says 309, my MPC was made is August of 2003 and is number 501 (of that month).

i have two numbers on the bottom of my mpc, both with bar codes. one says mpc 1000 upc on the sticker and the other is just a number. do you know which is the serial number? need to send in my warranty card and free gig bag card. thanks.

By mpc3000 Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:31 pm
"which is the serial number?"

There is a sticker on the box that says serial number (that is the same as the wider sticker on the bottom of the MPC).

By cookedfood Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:12 pm
ahh, didn't check the box. thanks!

By iwillshank Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:23 pm
the serial number, has a ( ) bracket in front of thelong sequence of digits also..just in case anyone was wondering..