Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By iwillshank Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:48 pm
so there is internal memory? thats what the ex128 is? what about using random compact flash cards..is that okay? i noticed the 32mb card with the sample sounds,and went to compusa and grabbed a 128mb sandisk compact flash card for 40bucks.. thought that would suffice.. but yea..t he retard at guitar center knew nothing... ( i guess that was my job ;) ) lemme know if anyone buys thismemory and uses it..

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:56 pm
Yeah, the EX128 is internal memory...the CF cards (you should be able to use any brand) are for holding data (samples, etc) on.

By iwillshank Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:05 pm
right on..so judging by that picture i have no idea what size simm that may be...looks similar to something i put in my ibook.. but shorter.. any ideas... any answers from akai? lemme know..ez! and... let me get this straight - 128 is max right?

By triplegreen Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:36 pm
look like 144pin so-dimm, notebook fare

By Spud Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:12 pm
The spec sheet above that picture says "144 pin memory expansion slot" which as you say is the same as note-book RAM, but it might be a special type?

Also note Akai's hilarious anouncement about the new colour scheme on this page:
http://www.akaipro.com/jp/index.html

'New Blue... The symbol of most advanced technology' and the whole Akai range done out in MPC1000 blue. Hmmm.... Fire the product design director? :lol:
Your views please...

By richard Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:26 pm
I'm tempted to just buy some RAM from Crucial and try it but gonna wait until someone with a laptop sticks some in and tries it out. I REALLY hope I don't have to give Akai more $$$$ just for RAM - but I do need it

its stupid and romantic nonsense I know but doesn't that Japanese Akai site look great with all the script and all? makes the 1000 look so foreign and alien.

If I was gonna get one customised it would be pink and black with white japenese writing... course i never will...

Richard

By Spud Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:04 pm
Nice one Rich, keep us all updated.

Spud.