Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By LabWorkz Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:27 pm
There not at my GC but I'm down south in Texas. GC said mine should be in on the 15th of this month.

By kevindetroit Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:52 am
Got mines from GC in Detroit tonight...beautiful.
By LabWorkz Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:00 am
Fo' reel mAaN ya'll are lucky I don't get my pre-ordered MPC 1000 tell this Monday that's a long time from now to me even though it's Friday! Iz it worth da paper? Or should I knock off a XL?

By kevindetroit Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:36 am
off the bat it seems worth it...used to own XL and switched camps for a minute (Yamaha RS7000 w/Live Recycle like function). The RS was sweet for a minute, but sometimes I felt like it was programming me and I missed the pads/sequencer of the MPC, now I'm back...and happy, most important is the size. I mean most of us would sit with a XL in our laps at times and get down with some samples pre loaded but now, but it was rare, now its so so much easier to take it outside the studio and watch tv with my girl while making traxs...Who said gear wouldn't improve your relationship!
By LabWorkz Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:57 am
Ya I'm feelin u on that makin some traks while watchin TV wit cha grrl that's playa. Is the screen on the 1k a lil bit better than the XL? Do the pads feel good and soft? What about da knobs? Holla at cha boy and let me know what's real. I can't wait till this Monday when my pre-ordered MPC 1000 arrives GoNe!@#$
By kevindetroit Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:01 am
Is the screen on the 1k a lil bit better than the XL? Do the pads feel good and soft? What about da knobs?

The screen is huge...well just bigger than XL, if I remember correctly, I likes. Pads are stiff but in a good way, not mushy. When testing (it comes with pre loaded programs), I got more than one double/triple hit--but not in a bad way, I like it...It feels tighter than XL. I'm sure after Monday night I won't hear from you for a week! Really diggin this machine, it makes me so happy that I can put my whole live set in one bag instead of 3. Or that I can go over to my boys house and steal all his beat!!!!!! I'm going to run the 1000 with my Access Redback, simple, and so ice cold.
By LabWorkz Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:35 am
Naw it's not like that everybody that's been tellin me what's real I'm going to remember that when I get my MPC 1000 this Monday. I will let any producer(s) that wants to buy the MPC 1000 if it's worth it and that's real ya feel me. I will holla whenever playa! I'm not goin to be stuck up like these other cats and just dip but u have to understand there on the 1k tryin to do there thing so I ain't mad at em. I can have the 1k on my lap while I test it out and talk to da world ya heard! Holla at cha boy GoNe!@#$
By LabWorkz Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:57 am
MaAn everybody must be on there new MPC 1000's because ain't nobody respondin to s!it. Well that's cool do ya thing...holla at me tomorrow I'm goin to jump on da Motif ES and produce some hot ish GoNe!@#$

By MPC_Producer Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:10 pm
It was near suicidal to attempt this, but I went to a local Guitar Center this afternoon. I wanted to go in the morning but I was ill. The parking lot was full when I arrived. Fortunately, no one was using the MPC1000.

The first thing I noticed was the size of the display. It is bigger than the MPC2000XL and so are the images on it. Sample editing in low level lighting conditions is possible with this nice big green display.

I scrolled through the programs, counting 13 of them active, and one "OFF" setting. I am not sure what this setting is for unless it is to play no program and use the pads to trigger an external module. One of you who own the unit might want to try that and see if it generates a MIDI event.

The MPC1000 has an overall nice feel to it. The only toyish feel were the plastic wheels for Rec Gain and Main Volume but this didn't bother me. A real shocker was seeing a beige MPC2000XL placed nearby. The store must have gotten it in recently. I haven't seen many MPCs in my nearby Guitar Center stores for a couple years.

After I arrived home I loaded the MPC1000 presets into the MPC4000 for the heck of it. The programs did not work, of course. The sounds were weak because they were not intended to be used on this machine. All the files are small. The total size of preset files is a little over 5 MB, including the programs.

By LabWorkz Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:27 pm
Iz there a feature on the XL that's not on the 1k that u wish the 1k had? So the screen is a lil bit bigger than the XL! That's cool so u can edit the samples to prefection. I'm pretty sure the green back light helps alot easier on your eyes. Then on the XL's bright white back light fu$k yo eyez up usin the XL over da years ya feel me!