Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By Bazziman Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:59 pm
'mine' crashed too, all the time.

I had one reserved at my local musicstore and spent a whole day with it. The sequencer is tight as hell and the sound is nice, clean punchy and terrific BUT I tried sampling a dozen or so drumsounds of an electribe and obviously they needed to be trimmed and normalized. The bugger crashed multiple times. Especially in the trim window (or the one when you press 'window')....and I mean *crashed*....it would spit up some numbers and refused working. I also experience some random 'quircks' such a samples coming out all wrong (shreeking sound) and obly pressing the [main] button would set stuff back to normal.

Crashes occured with both the old and the new OS (1.01 I believe)....Needless to say: I didn't take one home, I'll hang on to my cash and wait for Akai to get their act together.

By mpc3000 Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:03 pm
I have not ben able to re-create this. Can you be more specific on where and when the crashed occured? For the Trim? Scrolling? Normalizing?

Regardless, sampling and trimming is something I can live without since with the USB connection I can transfer anything from the 134 Gig sample library.

By cookedfood Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:37 pm
for me this happened after trimming and extracting hits from a drum break then scrolling through the sample names(ie Sample 07, 06, 05, etc). one time it just froze on the trim screen and the other time it spit out odd numbers and characters and froze.

since I have downloaded the new OS I have not been able to duplicate the error and I've tried to by spinning the data wheel back and forth quickly. so far it hasn't happened again.

the last freeze I got was trying to copy a sequence to its self by hitting open window on the sequence field....just don't do this, use mode-seq. edit.

By Bazziman Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:44 am
cookedfood wrote:for me this happened after trimming and extracting hits from a drum break then scrolling through the sample names(ie Sample 07, 06, 05, etc). one time it just froze on the trim screen and the other time it spit out odd numbers and characters and froze.

Yup, same here too.

since I have downloaded the new OS I have not been able to duplicate the error and I've tried to by spinning the data wheel back and forth quickly. so far it hasn't happened again.

With me it did in 1.01: the same errors and even a total 'freeze'.